Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Fish are now eating other fish in UT Lake!
Yup, and the Media is all over it! I can just hear them "We nailed this story, the people now know all they need to know about our failing ecosystem in UT Lake" Well, I guess ignorance is bliss Smile. But yes, this story is not sarcastic, they are reporting on it
"77 percent of the diet of white bass in Utah Lake is other white bass. "

REALLY!? Who knew? Yup, they actually called them "Cannibals" as if it is something new that has never happened.
Funny, they never made mention that every late spring the whites do something called SPAWN. Then every fall, they try and eat as much of the SPAWN as they can. (it's their culture... and we can't deprive an animal of it's natural "Culture")

OR, maybe they are shocked that normal, carrot eating fish, have had to succumb to meat eating ways in order to survive. Like they are the Donner party of Utah Lake!
Anyway, this cracks me up ..
[url "http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4592641"]KSL Story on White Bass and Utah Lake Ecosystem[/url]
[signature]
Now that is funny! They should have had tubedude do the story for them, so that it actually made sense.[crazy] I can't believe all the dumb comments as well. People apparently have never been inside a store that sells fishing gear. I believe at least 1/2 of my tackle looks like FISH. I love KSL for the deals in their classified section, but their reporting has been feeding off the bottom lately.[fishin]
[signature]
I was going to say the same thing! The comments are more eye popping than the news article. "That's so Sad the lake has become so ruined"
[signature]
Unbelievable. I guess the media believes that even all the fish should be vegans.... Thanks for sharing, I needed the chuckle...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Oh no. Next I suppose they will be telling us that there is no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. I'm gonna jump off my tackle box.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Some funny copy: "[#000000] Experts say some fish in Utah Lake are turning into cannibals because of the lake's failing ecosystem and an overpopulation of carp. [/#000000] ". Hey, is this something new or did I only think I observed what I observed back as early as the sixties?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Something else: "[#000000]Utah State University ecology Professor Todd Crowl says white bass are also the top predator of the endangered June sucker[/#000000] " That is absurd. The walleyes do not leave any Junettes for the white bass to eat...and the whities are busy munching their own kids at the time the Junies are released each year anyway.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, what a name: " [#000000]Dave Wham, of the Utah Division of Water Quality[/#000000]" He could put the "whammy" on anything he didn't like.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh well, there are probably at least a couple of folks (newcomers from Florida) who aren't familiar with the carp ecology in Utah Lake by now.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All hail the media...caretakers of the public information system.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I knew there was something to this story. I have been suspicious for many years as I have seen the fish I catch swollen with little fish in their bellies. I always wondered how they got there, because everyone knows that big fish never eat little fish. I also know that when they do eat little fish, it is never their own kind. I think they must ID them before they devore them...........

we are surrounded by MORONS
[signature]
I guess when I troll rainbow lure by trout and they slam 'em means they are nice to their own kind as well.

I plan to fish Utah for the first time on Saturday, hopefully I can teach those mean white bass a lesson about eating their own kind. The jerks.
[signature]
This is what you call a "PGO" a "profound glimpse into the obvious". What I can't get is how the focus came off the buglemouth's and onto the whities. Guess the PC crowd wrote the story !! By the way, the reason that TD was not asked to do the story is that it would have made sense !!! Should be a fun mtg tonight, Dr. Crowl is really a pretty down to earth guy !! By the way TD, I have it on good authority from the Great Pumpkin that the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are both doing well. The Tooth Fairy is having problems though !!!
"The Tooth Fairy is having problems though !!! "

[cool][#0000ff]The tooth fairy is a "tweaker". That meth will mess up your teeth every time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And as for Santa and the Easter Bunny, I heard that they were also going downhill until they got a government bailout. Future Christmases and Easters are gonna cost taxpayers big time.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What, did our beloved president of the country suddenly decide to become a ksl newswriter? What an explicit display of ignorance. That's especially hilarious.......the poor habitat is turning them into cannibals. LMAO. Uh sorry but that is how nature works. Most species do eat their own kind. From fish like perch to the female praying mantis who eats good ole hubby while he's "busy."

But yea, that's what i've been telling people for years. Utah lake has nothing but carp and pollution. Stay away from it. People will ask "what are u fishing for?" I always reply "carp."[Wink] Ignorance is bliss!
That's gotta be the funniest/Saddest/dumbest (take your pick) article I've ever read!

$10 says they're liberal!
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]For god's sake, I wonder what [crazy] the editor was eating when he okayed this story to be published. There are still a few tribes of people in South American that eat people they have killed for one reason or another.[/#000000][/font]
[signature]
WHAT!! You mean to tell me there is no Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and Santa Clause? And fish eat other fish? What in heaven's name is this world coming to?

I think I am going to start baiting my favorite fishing hole with Tofu chunks in an effort to get the fish to change their minds. Maybe the concerned reporters could post signs around Utah Lake espousing the virtues of a vegan diet for the fish to read.

I was in Yellowstone not too long ago and a grizzly bear dashed out of the woods in front of one of the lodges and snatched a moose calf right in front of a bunch of tourists. You could see the bloody mess and blood trail leading back into the forest. MAYBE, just maybe, one of those reporters could report that Yellowstone has become a haven for meat-eating cannibals! If so, then they'd better inform the cougars and the coyotes and all of the other vicious cannibal "predators!" I saw a crow on the highway the other day pecking at the remains of another bird, and bugs all over some roadkill, and ...

American journalism at its finest. Honestly, what idiots! They should change their name from "Deseret News" to "Deseret Gnus." They're about as intelligent.
[signature]
Gee, they make it sound like those cannibal fish are only in Utah Lake. Wonder what those cute fishies in Strawberry eat . . . I know, it must be all those underwater vegies!
[signature]
I heard it said as a child soon after moving to Utah that, "Utah is known to be loaded with a very gullible population so it's a great spot to test drive a con. Rule #1. If it dont work here, dont try it else where."

Perhaps that in itself explains this late breaking news from the most well known new company in Utah..

Oh well, give em a break. Their doing the best they can with what they have to work with..
[signature]
The article was written by an Associated Press (AP) writer; however, that is no excuse for the Deseret News being gullible enough to pass on the article.
[signature]
[#008000]Oh those poor little fishies. There's no salad available in UL anymore, so now they have to eat each other. I guess elsewhere in better quality waters, the White bass are vegans... [/#008000]

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s-k6cEC6ZI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s-k6cEC6ZI[/url]
[signature]
It was pointed out by myself and others at the forum meeting last night that release of this type of report was an embarrassment to the program.
[signature]
I went ahead and posted a comment on the article. Not that many people read the comments besides the bickering trolls though.
[signature]