Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another wasted day chasin' p-sants
Went for a long walk yesterday morning...nary a bird. We hunted behind a nice Chocolate lab and a sweet Drahthaar...zero, zip, zilch, nada. We covered around 6 miles of country. Reminded me why I don't get excited for the opener any more.
[signature]
we had a bust day as well. first no rooster day ever. 2 hens 10 mins in. that was it. that cold spring must have done the chicks in this yr. found out my boy is a shooter...
[signature]
I've had an easier time filling deer tags then I have killing pheasants in Utah. That's why we went and played golf yesterday.
[signature]
Sorry to hear that Bud. [frown] Was this the same area that the Sparkinator and I tried? If so, guess it wasn't just us. [frown] I did hear them up the creek in the canyon in the rock cliffs though.[:/]
[signature]
Me and my buddy went north into box elder and had good luck, shot a couple and missed a few on top of that. Those willey chickens run alot, wish i had manned up and bought a dog this spring. Hunted an area that had lots of corn throughout the year. would have had both our limits by noon if we could shoot straight. a big bummer was my family owned spot that i have hunted since i could was trespassed on and 2 roosters were taken by the individuals, guess i better get a 5 gallon bucket of orange paint out and make it a little more clear.
[signature]
We tried out by the Weber Delta unit of Ogden bay. Was a nice walk, just no birds.
[signature]
I was invited to hunt some property up in Naples. We hunted one field and had 4 birds by 9:00 a.m. It was by far the best Utah pheasant hunt I've ever been on.
[signature]