Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba
I'm heading down to Yuba for 5 days next week. Has anyone had any luck with the walleye or cats latley? I have never chased the cats here before but would like to get into a few with the kids. Any suggestions?
[signature]
hey {wiggy} the cat's in yuba have in the pasted been caught on dead minnows . or chicken liver's.. try the painted rock area or even south of painted rock.. the walleye have been hard to come by there this year i have not heard much going on with them.. but there is alot of carp for every one there!!!

from the fuzzyfisher---------------fish on dudes
[signature]
I fished yuba 2 days last week plenty of carp to catch . Me and (fish4fish) fish for wallyes at night just as the sun sets they come to about3-5 feet of water . You can catch your limit easy in less than an hour.I use a bobber and a worm about a foot of the bottom but their bite is so lite if you dont pay attention you wont catch them! I always use the nitro worms seems i catch more walleys than carp with those. Also dark green not chartreuse jigs with a lot of tail action catches them. Have also caught pike with these jigs they have been my favorite have used them plenty for the last 6 years at yuba.They always work for me . Hope this info helps you.
[signature]
Wiggy i was on the dwr web sight and as of may 19th all fish limits will be doubled becuse thay are drainning the lake to work on the dam i stop by there fiday night just for a hour had a few bites on chicken liver but no takers well any way good luck have fun [Wink]
[signature]