Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amen to trolling the Berry w/pics
Until this last weekend, I have always trolled the berry. It has always been a pain in the butt. It is a lot of work. Especially when you are fishing with three to four different poles. Don't get me wrong, trolling will catch fish at the berry. Now that I have got into jigging, it seems like the fish are bigger and catching is more consistent. I bought a Marcum LX5 flasher last year for Ice fishing and have used it for jigging soft water at the berry too. That machine is worth its weight in gold. I can tell when the fish is going to hit my jig most of the time.
Went up Saturday with two good friends and boated somewhere around 50 cuts all within the slot. There were three that were tipping the tape at just over 22 inches and were all released. All were caught jigging with tubes in 30 feet of water. They hit right off the bottom. Bouncing it right off the bottom seemed to provoke them.
Jeff
[signature]
Just wait until we get some ice, 50 fish days will turn into 100 fish days. And you don't have to worry about a boat.
Can't wait!!! [Wink]
[signature]
bring on the snow and ice!![laugh]
[signature]
Welcome to the board Spanky.
[signature]