Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake and Willow Pond (report)
On Wednesday, 4 days ago, I went to Willow Pond. It was from about 7 until dark. I didn't catch anything. Lots of people were catching planter trout that were up to 12 inches on powerbait and salmon eggs. People were also catching goldfish. I think it's really lame that somebody filled the lake up with those. I was trying a spinner, because I think bait fishing is boring. I had a couple of fish on, but they were small, and every time I set the hook, it would rip the spinner out of their mouths. Maybe I need to just reel them in next time and not try so hard to set the hook.

Today from about 4 until 7, I fished the Lindon Boat harbor. It was very windy and overcast. Probably not the best day to go fishing. Lots of people were dunking worms and having good success catching channel and mud cats. Several people had stringers full. I was trying to catch bass, whitey's, or walleye. I tried all over that harbor, casting spinners, rapalas, jigs, spinnerbaits, and plastic worms. I didn't get anything. It was kind of a frustrating day. However, the night before and most of the day had been a bad weather system, so I think whatever success people had talked of earlier had come when the nicer weather was better. Anyhow, I thought I'd check in with these posts and see what's going on. Good fishing.
[signature]
Oh, and I would like to go fishing anywhere this Saturday. If anyone is going to Jordanelle, Pineview, or anywhere else within an hour or two of Sandy, gimme a personal message.
[signature]
I was there at the same time as you. LIndon harbor produced 3 largemouth bass on the north side where the trees are. Used tube jigs. Very slow tickin' bottom close to shoreline.
[signature]
Well, maybe we'll have to get together and you can show me the tricks of the trade. I think I saw you over there. I fished off the docks, on the north side of the north dike, (I'm assuming you were on the south side of the North dike) and I fished on the south side of the south dike. I thought for sure on an overcast day like yesterday that I would get in to some walleye. It just seemed like the kind of day that they would be a bit more active during the daytime period. I've had good luck at the Harbor before, but yesterday just wasn't my day.
[signature]