Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Spawn???
Worked the banks yesterday and in a mile stretch on five different occasions I spooked something rather large from the shore line. They were in a foot of water less than two feet away from the bank. I never laid eyes on one of them, just saw the dirt kicked up. But am really curious to what species it was. Anyone know?
[signature]
my first guess is carp sunning themselves. could also be something else looking for food though.
[signature]
I would also say Carp, but you never know, if you didn't see'em.
Could be carp, could have been tigers sunning themselves. Was it a sandy beach or darker colored mud? Those tigers will sit in water just deep enough to keep under the surface.
How did you do??
[signature]
every time it happened it was in a smooth sandy beach. What ever it was, was probably big. They kicked up a lot of dirt. My lure nails the bottem when I reel in and it doesn't compare. So I'd narrow it to tigers or carp. Got there around three and nailed one little guy bout 20" right of the bat. It went down hill from there.
[signature]
Pretty bad day to try for them with the snow, rain, and wind. One is better than none any day though.[cool]
[signature]
It was on monday. Dry, over cast, and glass water. I dont know if it was water skiing weather but some guys were out doing it on a jet ski. I think thats illegal by the way, three guys on a jet ski.
[signature]
I think it depends on the type of PWC. Some can ride three ok.
[signature]
Not that I care that much but see lots of people get busted every year. Any way i'm gonna investigate these shore sleepers some more try to get my eyes on em.
[signature]