Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From Your New PA Forum Moderator
[Smile] Hi everyone! I just wanted to say hi to everyone on the PA board. Im very excited to be the new moderator. I have many ideas to try and make this board a really fun and informative place to be. Hopefully over the winter i can spark enough interest in this board to encourage new members to join and old members to wake back up and take part in discussion. I plan on having some new polls pertaining to fishing in our state. I also would like to have some fun contests with prizes once round up some sponsors. Once we become established again i would also like to have some PA forum get-togethers so we can all meet, then if they turn out well I would love to organize some fishing tournaments for established BFT members.

So in short im asking for all you guys and gals to bare with me while i try to make the PA forum something great! I also encourage any feedback you may have on ways you think the forum can be made better. With a lil help from you guys i think we can make this forum really POP! Till then i will see ya'll on the water [Wink]
[fishin]
[signature]
Good luck. It's hard finding the Pa crowd
[signature]
[Image: beaten.gif] Thanks I'll need it! but what can i say im gonna try my best. Don't worry i got a fe things up my sleeve, i think we will be ok.
[signature]
Alot of action came to a halt on many boards as gas was $4+ per gallon. I'd like to see more South Central and Central Pa. talk but most boards get traffic from East and West because thats the location of most water in this State. Hunting season is here and many boats are put away for the year but I see dozens ( boats)now working the walleye ,bass in the Dauphin Narrows section of the Susquehanna Ri. but no reports.
[signature]
Yeah the gas prices sucked this summer thats for sure! Things are looking up though out my way gas is $2.25 and falling!

One thing about your part of the state is you don't have many lakes but you do have some really great rivers! Sometimes i think river fishing is better thank lake fishing just because it seems like everytime i go to the river i get alot more fish to the boat. Almost like you don't need to work as hard lol. I think alot of that has to do with there not being as much boat traffic on the rivers.

If you find anything else out about the guys on the river please post i am really interested in how they are doing out there this time of year.

I am gonna do my best at covering the entire state on this forum. I can only do that with the help of everybody in here. It might be hard at first but i think if what few active members we have in here will continue to post and keep the forum fresh we will be able to attract more members. Im gonna try and keep the site as fresh as i can by posting some new (HOT) subjects that everyone can join in on. And if you or anyone else has any ideas don't be shy im open for everything you can throw at me.

B.T.W. I plan on going to the harrisburg sports show this year if weather permits. I would like to meet some of the members while im down there and discuss ideas i have for the forum. I will be adding a post at the beginning of the year about this also.
[signature]
I looked at the Harriburg sports show for many years and over the years we have lost big numbers of locals and today you find 80% or more of the fishing from out of State. Heck ! at $1800 a spot and visitors paying to park > no wonder we are absent. I learned that the best shows are the small local shows.Every part of the State host fishing shows at some firehouse or other place. In Harrisburg I sell my lake maps at Wellsville show and at Dillsburg. These shows can provide great answers to fish and locations on local waters by local fishermen.
The key to lakes in this area > most are manmade (or all)
and are sleeper lakes > " big fish at a slow catch rate" . Electric motors only and 100's of acres on many. This is why I created a one of a kind structure map for these lakes + I will be adding some lakes that fishermen didn't know existed or are under fished. Anyone intrested in these maps or fishing questions can e-mail me.
[url "mailto:boatnik13@aol.com"]boatnik13@aol.com[/url]
[signature]
WOW i had no idea that it cost that much to set up there! That is quite expensive. And if 80% are from out of state no wonder you did not do well. We always took the bus from bass pro to the show and beat the parking system[angelic].

I will get in touch with you about some of those maps i am interested. Its really hard these days to find a good accurate lake map.
[signature]
I'll PM you bigpikeguy!
[signature]