Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge report.
Went to flaming gorge thursday friday and saturday. Thursday was great. Caught a mix of 15 - 20 rainbows, kokanee, and small macks in the morning. Then after a break went back out and slammed the kokanee again, 40 more fish plus some big lake trout.

Friday morning the kokanee and trout were a bit tight lipped so we went for macks latter in the day. Boated 15 more lakers and a rainbow.

Saturday was the first day of the tournament and the lake was full of boats. Navigation sucked, parking and launching was a joke, and the ammount of boat traffic pushed the fish deeper and made the fishing a little tougher. But once you found a temporarily unoccupied area we managed a few more fish. Mixed kokanne and some real big rainbows.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip. What part of the lake did you fish and what did you get the kokes to bite on? Was it nice to take you new boat on the Gorge?
[signature]
did you guys sleep on the boat pred?
[signature]
Great report, I'm guessing you were using down riggers for the Kokes but what lures worked the best? Any size on the Macks? WH2
[signature]
We fished all the upper utah stuff, lucerne, sheep creek, hideout, ect.

Spinners, spoons, and rapalas all caught kokanee.

Yes the boat was awesome on flaming gorge. I couldnt be happier. No I didnt sleep on the boat, BRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr!

Yes there was some BIG macks caught. I dont want to talk them up since they are still in the camera. The proofs in the picture right?
[signature]
I am new to the board but I was wondering if you heard how the Wyoming side of the gorge is for kokes? I will be up there this weekend staying near Anvil Draw.

Thanks
[signature]
welcome willardwiper ! with a name like that you'll fit in here bigtime!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
I havent heard any specific info this year. The general buzz from years past has been that the kokanee are bigger the further north you go, but they are fewer as well. You know anvil is out of the water right?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to the boards, WillardWiper! hope you are enjoying the site. We'll be looking forward to that Gorge report next week! Good luck and hook up on some 5+ lb Kokes! [/size][/font]
[signature]
Yeah, We launch at Lucern and go up into Anvil. We haven't launched at anvil for over 3 years now.

Hope to get some fishing in. I'm not taking my boat, the wife and kids are going so I'm pulling the trailer, my wife thinks it is a little too early to tent it (I do too), my neighbor is pulling his boat up, no downriggers on his boat. Did you troll for kokes with any lead line? If so, how many colors were you out? I usually go after the kokes with downriggers so this will be a new experience.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Willardwiper, have you been fishing at Willard much this year? We always catch a few Kokes at the Gorge using lead core line but the down riggers work the best. I look forward to your post on the Gorge, good luck. WH2
[signature]
This early the kokes are fairly shallow. I have had good luck using my spinning rod and a 3/4 or 1 oz bananna weight to get down to about 20 or 25 ft.

FDG
[signature]