Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fishing the PA Rivers?
We are fortunate in PA to have alot of fine rivers to fish. Some big and some small, rivers have something for everyone. It don't matter if you are young or old, boater or shore fisherman. So if you haven't had the chance to fish any rivers i suggest you go out and do so! Chances are there is one fairly close to you know matter what part of PA that you live in.

Any one here been fishing any rivers lately??? If so why don't you tell us about it? What river or stream, what did you catch, what did you use to catch your fish, and what was your strategy?
[signature]
Broke out the waders and went creekin. Hit the Dingmans Creek and caught several trout nothing big for a trout fisher but very nice for the creek all fish were about 12" Picking the fish up on some hand tied scuds and surprisingly on caddis flies. I would like to find some larger trout to catch on the fly.
[signature]
Well sounds like you had a good day on the stream! I would be happy getting 12" trout all day. Sometimes i go out and all i get is lil 6 inchers all day. Cant say that is really that much fun lol. Getting them on caddis flies this time of year!! That is really weird, maybe they were just really hungry.

B.T.W. dont we always wanna find bigger fish! [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Hey all, hit some of the North east Tributaries & such (East Branch Tunkhanock) Caught a couple of Average Rainbows & Brooks. Was surprised to catch anything really being we have had sum cold nites, but I was bored. They were in the 9 to 12 inch range.

Also hit a fav spot of mine & caught a nice 16" smally and sum suckers..lol. Brought the fly rod for practice but caught them on the spincast that was set to the side with the good ole loyal worm.

I don't really Ice fish, so I am anxious for spring again.
[signature]
Hey jazzyrabbit!

Welcome to BFT!! We are happy to have you aboard! Sounds like you had some good luck even though the weather is not really being nice to us.

Nice Smally! If you ask me suckers are just as fun as any other fish to catch [Smile]. I even heard that they are great on the table to, never tried it but who knows.

I feel ya on getting ready for spring. I cant wait for ice off so i can get at some more of those big northern pike, they put on one hell of a fight!!

By the way don't forget to stop by the introductions board just to say hi! Hope to see you back here at the PA forum often [Wink]. Till then happy fishing!
[signature]
Hit the Deleware today. Hard day on water for 2 smallies. It sure felt colder than I thought it would, especially when I left my coat in the truck.
[signature]
Ouch, 2 fish all day and you were half froze!! don't sound like much fun to me lol. Hey we all have days like that on the water. This time of year i have more days where i don't catch a thing than good days. But i would never leave my coat in the car lol.

What part of the Delaware were you fishing? what were you using for the fish u landed?
[signature]
Fished the 6 mi stretch between Dingmans and Eshback launch. Fished out of an 18ft square back canoe. Always looking for someone else to go with. Especially when I need to vehicles to make the drift.
[signature]
I fish the susky at bruner island about 4 times a week. often catch walleyes and smallmouth and snag shad all the time. a hookup with a muskie is always possible.
Welcome to the BFT Muskiehunter!! hope ya come back often and tell us your fishing stories, tips, and tricks.

Just wondering if you ever fish the Susky down by the Airport and 3mile island? I went across it the other day on the turnpike or was it 283? anyway it looks really nice in there and with all the islands there is probly a ton of structure to fish.
[signature]
i cant say that i have tried there. bruner island is close which is where i fish during the winter. have you ever heard of the catwalk at york haven? its a hyrdo plant that has a tail race discharge that has a big a platform that you can fish over top. about a week i found a dead floating muskie there and i hear of people catching nice walleye in the summer there at night.
[signature]
I'll B out this wknd. don't know where or when, but I'll be out. Probably The Warmwater @ sunset [Wink]

I fish the airport aera and yes it can be good, but those islands are full of cabins with avid fisherman/woman [Wink]
[signature]
cant say i ever hear of that place, but it sounds like a nice piece of water. I really wanna get down there this summer and fish the susky, i never done it before but im gonna try to put it on the top of my list this year.

Tmiriverrat, so it aint bad fishing down there by the airport? what have you caught down there? i did not see any cabins on the islands there? i will take a closer look next time im down there.
[signature]
i hit the swatara today, fooling around with fly rods, roll casting along the shore, and my friend and i pulled in half a dozen carp in about 45 mins. i lost a couple more on the line, as i'm not particularly good at setting the hook with a fly rod, lol.

good first time out, and as for the susky, if i can get my hands on a boat this year, i'm heading down a few miles from tmi to marietta. went down and fished from the shore back in september, and the bass were positively jumping out in the middle!
[signature]
Good report djbigbry! Im looking forward to getting some carp on the fly this year. Hopefully i can manage to land a few.

It always sucks when you don't take you boat and all the fish are jumping out in the middle lol. That always happened to me before i got my boat.

BTW welcome to the forum djbigbry, hope to see you around often [Smile]
[signature]
djbigbry, where on the swatty were you fishing?? i live right across the street from the swatara creek in Hummelstown and about half a mile or so from the Kokomo st boat launch
[signature]
hey everyone, just found this site, VERY COOL!!!, i fish alot at the susky mostly out at falmouth great for bass and walleye, sometimes even a musky, its very rocky so be careful.. my lures of choice for there are xraps and grn pumpkin twisters keep it simple and it works...
[signature]
Welcome to the BFT ckbassman! Glad to have you!

Glad to hear there are still people that keep it simple out there. Wish i was one of them people lol. I got a taklebag with wheels on it for god sakes. If i was gonna keep it simple i would have one that could sling over my arm. I must agree with you on the X-Raps. Totally awesome bait. They seem to catch everything, im talking bass, pike, walleye, and muskie. They truly are an all round great bait.
[signature]
we were actually at hoffer park in middletown, just wanted to get hooks in water!
[signature]
[quote ckbassman]hey everyone, just found this site, VERY COOL!!!, i fish alot at the susky mostly out at falmouth great for bass and walleye, sometimes even a musky, its very rocky so be careful.. my lures of choice for there are xraps and grn pumpkin twisters keep it simple and it works...[/quote]

if you see a blue ford ranger down there, i'm the big guy on the shore, probably scratching my head trying to figure out what to throw. stop by and say hi!
[signature]