Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy that was dumb
Ok, so I went out to fire off a few more rounds and dial in the scope before gun season opens up.

[ul][li]Packed the gun in the car[/li][li]Stopped at the store picked up some shells[/li][li]Drove out to the farm[/li][li]Got the target out of the barn[/li][li]Walked out to my blind[/li][li]Set up the target[/li][li]Climbed up the blind[/li][li]Pulled up the gun[/li][li]Opened the window[/li][li]Took the covers off the scope[/li][li]Loaded the gun[/li][li]Stuck it out the window[/li][li]Aim..............[/li][li]TRIED TO PUT MY FINGER ON THE TRIGGER BUT COULDN'T BECAUSE I FORGOT TO TAKE THE STUPID TRIGGER LOCK OFF THE GUN BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE !!!!!![/li][li][#000000][size 5]SON OF A PUPPIE DOG !!![/size][/#000000][/li][/ul][#000000]That's not exactly what I said but yeah..... you get the idea. The key was about 15 miles away sitting on my dresser. [/#000000]

Lesson learned I guess, better that it happen now and not on opening day with a big buck staring at me while I try to pry the lock off with my hunting knife [laugh].

OK... so I know (or I hope) I'm not the only one out here that's done something dumb out in the great outdoors. Reply back and tell me your story so I won't feel quite so bad about calling my little wifey and having her bring me my key. (and yes she brought it over to me... bless her little heart)
[signature]
welcome to the club.

I have on many ocation forgotten to pack things on the trip. even when I put them out where I have to walk right by them to get to the car.

one time in particular me and my nephew started out a hunting trip got every thing loaded and off we went, we stopped at a 24/7 diner for breakfast. and when it came time to pay I had found I left my wallet on the dresser at home. I was so intent on getting every thing else in the car I forgot the wallet. well I left my nephew there at the diner as callateral and jotted back home for the wallet and came back. I was only six miles from home so we werent to bad off.

on the up side, he makes sure I have my wallet every time we go on a trip. [blush]

I would like to say that happened only once, but I had another nephew...[laugh]
[signature]