Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pymatuning Spillway
Just wondering what your views are on this subject. If you have not heard, they are trying to ban feeding the carp and ducks bread at the pymatuning spillway. The only thing you will be allowed to feed them is fish pellets that you can buy there. I have been going there since i was a kid and i love feeding them the bread. The way they bounce a loaf of bread around like a ball is hilarious. Whats even more funny is when the ducks run across the top of the fish and try to get it before the fish slurp it up. they were supposed to put this in effect 1-1-09 but with all the debate it has been moved back 1 year. This is a big deal, this area gets over 500,000 people a year just to feed the silly fish. I think if they stop allowing bread that number will sharply decrease. The main reason for banning the bread feeding is they say it attracts to many geese. There was alot of complaints about the noise from them and that they dirty everywhere. I think they could probly fix this problem if they tried a lil bit. I also think that is a small price to pay when you are bringing in over 500,000 people in one summer season.

So what do u guys think?? Keep feeding them the bread or switch to not-so-fun fish pellets.
[signature]