Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A windy and cold Jordanelle
I hit the Nell this morning at 7:15 water temp. was 46 and air was 32 but felt like 12 with the wind...

I headed for a point that had fish the last time I was up at the Nell about 3 weeks ago...

The first fish was a bass at 15" and a good fighter, I worked all around the hole point but no other fish..

I moved to a cove and hooked up right off but it was a bow at 18 1/2" and took the hook all the way down and was to hurt from the fight to swim away...On the other side of the cove I got a brown at 22" and another bass at 15" all fish so far came on the Mojo drop shot and Gulp minnow...

Then I moved to the west side north of the dam and was working into the wind, I tried cranks but I didn't think they could get down deep enough they could dive about ten feet was all and so far all the fish was coming out of 30'+ of water...As soon as I made my next cast with the drop shot I was hooked up with another bass at 17" long, moved in to the rock cliff arm and worked the north shore but got the rest of my fish on the south shore...In all I caught 5 bass from 15" to 17" and 5 trout 4 of them were browns from 22" to 25" with one bow at 18 1/2" I missed a few bites cause of the wind and lack of fell, it felt like a slow day I left at 11:30 just too much wind and cold to stay longer...

If you want pictures all I have is some with my cell phone I forgot my camera, let me know and I'll send them over to TD to post...
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good day Trout fishing[Wink], and after all the strawberry trips this year we might have to call you "Slimerrods"[:p]
[signature]
No 30" browns this time?
[signature]
Just 27" with no picture. Have to be 78" to take a picture!!!
TS
[signature]
I like to fish, if there is good perch like Yuba or bass at Jordanell or even cuts at the berry each one can be fun...

Don Ivino gave me the nick name of bassrods at a BASS tournament in the try city area when we fished together...
[signature]
Not this time, this year they are smaller and skinner then in years past..
[signature]