Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And its a sport???
On the spear fishing board one of the spear man posted pictures of him holding three walleye and some SM bass...

The walleye was all over the size limit for deer creek and the bass was over 3lb and was taken from Jordanelle...

The others that answered the post was saying how nice they were and what a good job he did...

Now this was shown to the DWR and they said they would go after him....And they say they are sportsman...
[signature]
I looked but I can't find the spearfishing board???. I can't imagine "they were all over the size limit" considering you can keep one over 24 inches with a limit of ten. How about you share some info on where you saw this?
This subject has been beaten like a dead horse, post it on the off topic board.
[signature]
Too bad about the Walleye but good on em for taking the bass....[sly]

FF462
[signature]
I was shown a picture of it at the federation meeting and was told about it, they may have pulled the post by now...
[signature]
It looks like Fish Lake is going to get hammered next year. World Record Tiger Muskies, Lake Trout, Splake...

I also saw the pic of the guy with the fat LargeMouth obviously dead and over the current limits. I'm not sure when it was taken and what the regs were then though.
[signature]
Cliff is likely talking about the spearfishing web site that was on that thread about spearfishing at Fishlake.
If the DWR ask the guy about catching more than one walleye over 24" all he has to say is, they were caught by more than one of the members of their group and that guy in the picture was just holding up their catch. Just my 2 cents worth.
[signature]
The paper with the pictures had the story of how when and where he killed the fish...
[signature]
Why does it matter? The DWR has to "watch" the act to do anything about it unless you/someone else wants to testify. Most people are not willing to do that. Did you turn them in? Are you going to testify? Until spearfishing is made illegal, you will just have to deal with it. Did you go to the rac's this last time? Makes no difference if you attend or not, they are already set in stone.
[signature]
Well by what you said I can tell you are no sportsman and don't care what happens to our fishery...The fact is they have a picture and the law breakers own story of how he did it... Now can you tell us what that is called???
[signature]
It is called you heard a story from someone else and assume it is all right and true. Someone the last spearfishing go-round posted some fish that were supposedly speared at one lake actually came from another. Have you ALWAYS told the whole truth and nothing but he truth in every one of your posts? I think not.
As for me not being a sportsman and not caring, you nailed it on the head. Great job, you got me all figured out. I hate all fish and game and could care less what happens to them.[Wink]
[signature]
Ok Cliff, all differences aside. You come here and first question the sport of spearfishing and then you tell us that the other spear chuckers support the law breaker on the 'spear fishing board' so you told me that you were shown a picture and was "told" about it and the post which (conveniently) may have been removed.
These "pictures" turned into " paper with the pictures had the story of how when and where he killed the fish.."
It sounds just like that, a story. C'mon, you expect someone to buy that crap? It's quite a bold statement with no proof other than hearsay to question another sportsman's beliefs when you have nothing to prove it.
Can you tell what that is called??? lol, you stirring the pot. Why don't you show these facts instead of making yourself look s...illy.
[signature]
Get a hold of Drew he has it now...
[signature]
I'm not going to waste his time, why don't you get a hold of Mr. Cushings?
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif] I thought you might enjoy this pic

[inline 4294.jpg]
[signature]
give bassrods a break. he said someone had printed out the thread from the spearfishing board before it got pulled, and they sent it to the DWR to do an investigation.

We'll see if any charges are filed or not.

Either way, the regs at Fish Lake need to change.
[signature]
It would have been nice if he said something like that in his original post...
[signature]
Do'es there need to be changes in the regs concerning spear fishing? Without doubt, Yes.
I've held a P.A.D.I. card sence 1981 and I've dove in FL many times with a spear in hand. Its great fun.
But never have I, or would I, pull the triger on a large Mac. In fact, I've never stuck a Mac any where, of any size, and thats by my choose..
Is it a sport to drill a fish with a spear? Personally I say no. But then again I dont consider fishing of any type a sport. Why? Its simple. Because like hunting only one team know their playing the game.. Will I stop fishing due to the fact I dont believe fishing is a sport? Highly doubtfull![laugh]
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] It would have been nice if he said something like that in his original post...[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Most of us understood his first post. Either you have a problem with basic reading or else you just like to attack Bassrods. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hmmm. Wonder what it could be.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Could you type a little slower please?
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] Could you type a little slower please?[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]S.............O.............R..............R...........Y[/#0000ff]
[signature]