Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New post
Hi everyone,
I've been reading this site for a long time now,
good to finely started using it,
I'm a life long fisherman and I hope I can bring some good fish tails to the site also?[Wink]
[signature]
[#004080]HP...[/#004080]
[#004080] [/#004080]
[#004080]Welcome to the BFT.. thank you for taking the time to register and then introduce yourself on this board.. it is appreciated...[/#004080]
[#004080] [/#004080]
[#004080]The BFT has a wide variety of boards to choose from including one from every state... here is a link to the general [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?category=55"]UTAH[/url] board where I am sure you will be able to find "hookup" with fellow anglers in your area..[/#004080]
[#004080][/#004080]
[#004080]Again, welcome to the BFT and we all look forward to any questions you may have.. and of course your fishing stories.. [/#004080]
[#004080][/#004080]
[#004080]MacFly [cool][/#004080]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there Hooter_Patrol and welcome to the BFT. Love your handle. BTW what kind of fish is a Hooter? LOL[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks,
Real Big Ones, But they are all good one !!![Wink]
[signature]
LOL...

now that we know what KIND of fish you go for.. what do you prefer to use to CATCH them...

MacFly
[signature]
Welcome to the site, thanks for signing up. A thirty pound mack is one I'm dreaming of catching some day. Were you fishing from your own boat or with a guide when you caught your 30 lber?. WH2
[signature]
From my boat,
I've stuck a lot of Mack's up at the gorge [fishin]
I fish up there a lot in the spring and fall,
Chasing the kokanee's & the Mack's
Here is a couple that I've keep.
I release all of the big Mack's now [Smile]
[signature]
Nice looking macks, did you catch them jigging or trolling?
[signature]
Trolling: I've never done very good jigging for them,
Plus I like trolling anyway [fishin]
Fall & spring longlining large plugs in close to shore 10' to 30' of water [Wink]
summer downriggers or steel line with at lest 10oz of weigh? stay 5' t0 10' off the bottom,
[signature]
I've done OK jigging for them at Bear lake but nothing over 5 lbs at the Gorge. I'm with you when it comes to trolling over jigging but I'm still learning how to catch the bigger fish. I also really love the Gorge for it's big kokes. Since this is the intro board I guess we should carry on this conversation by PM. If you don't mind, I've got a few question about how you fish for those big macks close to shore.
[signature]