Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for a good bass rod 100 to 150 bucks
whats a good light sensitive pole for texas rigs spinnerbaits cranks top waters even if it does cost alot tell me the name of the pole
[signature]
I use the shimano rods now due to the life time warrenty with out the high cost. Med/heavy for my spinner,texas,buzzbaits. Med/Med for cranks or any multihook rigs. I do like my Woo Davies worm rod from Cabelas for my sencos.
[signature]
For the money, its really hard to beat a Shimano Compre. For $100, you get a really sensitive rod with decent guides. For $50 more, there's the Crucial which is a little lighter and more sensitive. I have 2 of each and like them a lot. I think the only major difference with the Crucial is the guides. The .5 oz weight difference is almost undetectable. Either way you go, there are dozens of models to choose from.

Other than that, the BPS Pro Qualifier is a rod should be pretty good, from what I've read about it.

Be careful, though. At this price range, there are a lot of overpriced rods. For example, Daiwa's new Mike Iaconelli Signature rods are around $140. They're IM-6 rods. You can get a good IM-6 rod for about $30, so why waste $100 extra for Ike's name? For the same price as the Ike, you can get a Crucial which is an IM-9 and available in WAY more models.
[signature]
Great Question! I love the Quantum PT edition rods from bass pro shops. I have the 7ft medium heavy rod and absolutely love it. I will be replacing all my rods with this series and best of all they are only $100. The rods are light and sensitive!
[signature]
Try the Moby Bass Series by Custom Angle Rods. I like the 6'6" Heavy or if you like 7 footers, try the 7'0" Heavy. They have a moderate tip for working the bait but have an excellent backbone. Extreemly sensitive.
[signature]
you can get an ALL STAR ACTWS witch is a 6'6 pole 6-12 lbs and is moderate fast- light for about 110 i belive it is. they have fugi eyes and are made in houston, Texas

I have one with an Abu Garcia AmbasSadeur 2005lp on it, and it is probly the most sensitive setup i have personaly ever used
[signature]
i've been meaning to try out one of those quantum rods out for my new baitcaster. their reels are amazing so the rods should be pretty good too.
[signature]
I use the 6'6 or 7'0 Carrot Stixs. MH/M depending on what you like. They have a lifetime Warranty and are so super lite and sensitive. I have 12 CS and I plan to buy more. They are well worth the money. The action is amazing..

Good Luck
[signature]
Hi,
I feel glad to see such lots of informative and useful tips.

kim]
[signature]
I've been pleased with my All-Star asr rod. I also like the Fenwick techna av as well. Lots of good choices in that price range. I think I'm going to pick up on the the new St. croix bass mojo rods as well. right around $100
[signature]
Fishing with a Carolina rig, you cant go wrong with a carrot stix, st. croix, or all star rod. Carrot Stix provides the most sensitivity of any rod I have ever fished so that would be my #1 reccomendation.
[signature]
a 6'9 to 7'2 rod. Kistler makes super light rods but a little pricey. St Croix Premier in a 7'0 Med-heavy crankin rod might be perfect. I throw spinnerbaits, topwater, and lipless with mine. Runs about $100. Look to eBay for better prices. I got mine from BassProShops in 3 days.
[signature]