Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agree or Disagree
[inline suicide.jpg]
[signature]
Haha this should be an interesting thread... I'll be the first to disagree I hope I'm not alone on that..
[signature]
The cancer that has brought this country to its knees started 8 years ago and Sadly we the people let it keep spreading after the first 4 years because of Bush used his so called "patriotism" after 9/11 to get over all the fools that beleived in his false patriotism! [:p]
[signature]
no matter what president we got it takes alot more than him/her to make this country it is we the people
[signature]
Sad that it took 8 years but it looks as though for the most part people are starting to realize the kind of mess that we are in and I hope by electing President Obama that we are finally taking a step in the right direction....
[signature]
100% agree! Say good buy to our guns and gun rights.[:/]
Yeah, he might make the economy regain its former glory, but i could care less if we don't have hunting and guns. I would rather have them and become a 3rd world country.[Wink]
[signature]
He will have to pry my guns away from me im not giving up them its my right to bare arms [mad]
[signature]

[signature]
Lets see here,

Obama supports a federal ban on Concealed Carry
Permits. Despite the fact that CCP holders are among the most law abiding citizens our country has.

Obama wants to make the misunderstood "Assault Weapons Ban" Permanent. Despite the fact that true "Assault" weapons have been banned since the 1930's.

Obama wants to institute a National Civilian Security Force that is just as big and powerful as our current Military.

Obama wants to require our children to "Volunteer" for "Community Service" that he sees fit, in order to receive an education that our tax dollars already pay for.

I guess I would agree!! Must buy more guns!!![Wink]
[signature]

[signature]
Do any of you guys honestly believe he can ban your right to own guns? You do realize it's protected in the Constitution? There is no way he would be able to. I don't own a gun and really don't care but i think it's ridiculous that anyone is worried about it. Also I would think a bigger concern for you would be allowing the government to listen to your phone calls and monitoring your email conversations? Seems as though everyone is making a bigger fuss over something that will never happen... And completely ignoring what is going on right now..I mean seriously.. I just wish more people would do their own research and stop repeating everything Sean Hannity says..
[signature]
Can't afford what exactly? Also the National Debt is twice now what it was when Clinton was in office..
[signature]
Zack you sound like there is more to the Bill of Rights than the 2nd Admendment[shocked]! That's not what they teach around here[crazy]. I'm assuming you got some education outside of Utah or Wyoming. I agree with Ocean's statements 100%. Does anybody really believe we're safer for letting Bin Laden escape to Pakistan and then trust that the Pakastanis would get him! All I got to say is George must have been a big time alcoholic previuosly to have that bad of jugdement. Probable not 1 in 100 Americans off the street would have made that treasonous decision.
[signature]
Yeah lets keep talking about the years Bush WAS in there, and all the so called mistakes he MADE (the words was and made are PAST tense and in caps for a reason). Because obviously talking about the past will change the future wont it? Wake up.

I agree that the country is not what it was originally planned as, dead maybe even. It may have been a recent Nov 4 death date, but a long slow painful death. Its been coming for years. Not just the Bush admin. Lets not forget that.

I personally dont think the president really makes a whole lot of difference. You could elect just about anyone and it wouldnt matter. Cause they talk a big game before, and end up doing whatever they get their pockets lined to do. Thats plain and simple put truth there.
[signature]
First off Zack, where did I ever say that I was worried about the Government taking away all of my guns? But since you referenced that guns are protected under the the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution and the Government can not take them away; I am curious if you caught the Supreme Court Decision earlier this year District of Columbia v. Heller?

In this decision which was 5-4 in favor of gun ownership the 4 dissenting judges wrote in dissent that the 2nd Amendment was not intended for individual gun ownership, but rather for using guns in a state militia. We were only one SCOTUS vote away from loosing our rights as we know it, so don't tell me it can not happen and that it is protected by the Constitution. But now that there is precedence on gun ownership I will admit an outright ban of all guns is less likely in the future.

With that said I will admit that I am worried that the Government will place un"Reasonable" restrictions on my Constitutional rights. Obama supports a Concealed Weapon Permit ban as well as an Assault Weapons ban, plain and simple.

Second, I would recommend doing a little research and look up some of my previous posts here on BFT. I am 100% against the Patriot Act, 100% against Government "Bailouts" of private enterprise, and 100% against big government no matter the party. I am a Libertarian, not a Liberal nor a Conservative. So do not assume that I am not educated or uninformed and just spuing Hannity talking points, because you will be sorely mistaken.

I am a firm believer that any person that is willing to give up ANY amount of their "Liberty" for "Prosperity" does not deserve either. Buying into an Obama presidency or even a McCain presidency if he would have won, and think that it is their job to make the world right or our lives better, is what is wrong with this country today. It is not our Governments job to give us "Utopia", but rather to uphold the Constitution by preventing the Government from allowing us to find our own individual sense of "Utopia".

Also, where did I ever say that I am not paying attention to anything that is going on in our country right now... I mean seriously.[:p]
[signature]
Ha!!! Riverdog you are safe with me, my Masters Degree came from Montana!!!

But thanks for letting me know that since I live in Wyoming that I am of lesser intelligence just because I don't by into the Liberal idea of "Utopia" that our President-Elect believes in.[Wink]
[signature]
The constitution is a worthless piece of paper to a TERRORIST. In todays world, gay marriage is accepted and the Supreme Court reigns supreme in decision making. Animal rights activists can overturn a de-listing of the worthless wolves, and so on and so forth. You mean to tell me Borack Hussein Obama Bin Laden can't take away our guns or accessories?? Open your eyes! This is what they call the end of the world.[Wink]
Do you know what Borack Obama and JFK have in common??? Nothing yet![sly]
(Mods, if that is too much please feel free to delete it)
[signature]
Quote:Do you know what Borack Obama and JFK have in common??? Nothing yet![sly]
Brody I agree 100%. I get so sick of the JFK - Obama comparisons, especially since a lot of their ideals are not even remotely similar.

Give me a Democrat who says words like these and that will be a Democrat I would be proud to say I support!!!!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia,' the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms,' our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny, which gave rise to the Second Amendment, will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important."

"And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."
[signature]
Braz,
Why does my criticism of Bush failing to pursue Al Qaida qualify as liberalism. I basically agree with you it's not the Federal Governments job to make the world right or our lives better but to uphold our Constitution. However that Constitution grants the President the responsibilities of Commander and Chief. I don't believe he upheld these responsibilities granted to him alone by the Constitution to even a minimal acceptable level. I honestly believe had almost anybody else been in office of any party we would have crushed Al Qaida rather than showing the world you can attack us and go hide across a border and get away with it.
[signature]
Riverdog,

Hey man your critcism of Bush does not fall under a Liberal ideal at all, simply because I know many Conservatives and Libertarians that would agree.

But your insinutaion that people from Utah or Wyoming that strongly support the 2nd Amendment are lesser educated individuals and are only single issue voters, is a Liberal ideal. Hence Obama's "Bitter and Clinging" comment he made earlier this year.

For the record I am a very strong 2nd Amendment supporter, but I am not a single issue voter. I will discuss or argue on any political thought, even Wolves.[:p]
[signature]