Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got to eat my first Sushi this weekend (striped Bass)
Ok i never ate Sushi in my life before and never thought i would, but this week at hunting camp that all changed.

There was some guys there that had some fresh striped bass and they were cutting it up in bite sized chunks. They then took some wasabi and soy sauce and mixed it together. Im thinking they are gonna make a marinade and then cook the fish in it. Nope they just started to dip the fish in the sauce they made and ate it. they asked me to try it and i was like no i don't think so. After about 10 minutes of them bugging me i gave in and tried it. It was one of the most tasty things i have ever ate. I could not stop eating it. I personally think it tastes better raw than cooked. Did not taste fishy at all. had a really nice texture, nice and firm. I cant really describe the taste but i would say it was somewhere in the lines of chicken. You will just have to try it to see what it tastes like.

Any of you guys ever try this??? If you haven't, try it its great. Really good for you to! It maybe the last bass you ever cook lol [laugh]
[signature]
Just watch out for worms but if you inspect the meat closely you should be able to see them. Sushi sold in the U.S. is supposed to be flash frozen and then thawed to kill worms. Sushi worms actually burrow into the lining of the stomach or intestine causing extreme pain typically a few hours after ingesting and can mimicking appendicitis. That said I love sushi too.
[signature]
Geez i never thought of that! Well i did not have any pain or anything so i guess im good! But from now on you can bet that i will be checking over the fish i plan on eating raw for sure! Thanks for the tip riverdog [Smile]
[signature]