Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THIS WEEK ON THE DEL.
Fished the Del. from shore the past few days. Got out Wed. night for a little less than 2 hours and managed 1 small musky and 5 walleye. Decided to try it again this morning. This time I took the camera with me. Fished for another 2 hours and landed 6 more walleye.
[Image: walleye007.jpg]
[Image: walleye009.jpg]
[Image: walleye006.jpg]
[signature]
Hey thanks for the report tailgrabber! Sound like you been having some good luck lately. 3 fish per hour aint bad at all. Those are some really nice eyes, just the right size for eating. If ya don't mind me asking what were you using to catch them. I really need to get out to the rivers in my area more often than i normally do next year. River in PA have so much potential and are often overlooked.
[signature]
I have been told by a bunch of guys the same thing chartreuse jig head and motor oil culprit cut to 3-4 in. I tried that for 2 days without a hit. Then I tried the complete opposite black jighead black 3.5 gulp leech. I got the musky and the 5 eyes in those few hrs. The next day I lost the only black jighead I had, so went back too the motor oil set up. It worked fine that day for the fish in the pics. I think I finally just figured out how I should be retrieving the lure in. Got 2 more tonight on the leech but it got too dark and my line kept freezing up. Where are you at in PA?
[signature]
I was wondering about those gulp leeches. I almost bought some but i figured that I would wait till spring when i start fishing for walleye again. Then i went to Sportsmans warehouse and i seen some real leeches that were vacuum packed. Still not really sure what to go with yet. I have had really good luck with the gulp 4" minnow on the back of a shad dart jig i tied up for walleye. I think im just gonna let my dad make the decision for me since i cant do it for myself, but more than likely i will buy both of them lol. Hate to be out on the water and say damn i really wish i would have bought the other ones lol.

Im from South western PA but im fairly central to. I live in Cambria County between Johnstown and Altoona in a little town called Portage.
[signature]
I now where altoona is. Dated a girl from Dubois. Well then I guess gettin out on the Del isn't much of an option. It was iced up today I hope it thaws out soon.
[signature]
Hey Tailgrabber..where from?? I'm originally from Bangor, but live out in Hershey now

Rob
[signature]
Nice looking eye's. I actually do more walleye fishing than any other type the past few years. Looks like a couple of 2 to 3 pounders. Did you release them or do a fresh grease release? Nice fish either way. Lake
[signature]
Sorry about the delayed responce. I'm in Pike county.
As for the Walleye they are still swimming. Been doing a lot of lake fishing this week, and found the crappie to be very aggressive. Catching large numbers of large fish on TOPWATER. Sound crazy but it's true. These fish are jumping completely out of the water and crashing on the lure on the way down. Averaging about 20 fish every trip.
And they were all released as well.
[signature]