Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Big and Healthy Rainbow in EC
I hit East Canyon a couple of days ago. It was very windy, and I harvested this big and healthy rainbow trout for dinner. I probably landed 6-7 bows, and kept this 20-21 inches. It is the biggest rainbow that I have ever caught.[cool]

Green power bait, bank fishing, 9:30AM-11:30AM.
[signature]
Congrats on the catch that is a beautiful bow!! [Wink]
[signature]
Way to go Fox, good looking bow. How big were the other bows you caught? WH2
[signature]
EC is alot of fun and I can tell you firsthand that there are many huge rainbows in there. Nice fish and good luck to you in catching the big boys. I know there are trout in there in the twenty pound class but they aren't easy to catch. My big boy from EC was 26" and weighed 6 lbs. I caught him by chance going after crappie with a brown and white tube jig. Tight lines to you and keep us posted on your success.[Wink]
[signature]
I see you were fishing by the Magic Rock [Smile]

Thats a good spot [cool]
[signature]
Very nice! Should be a tasty treat.
[signature]
That a boy! Keep up the good work.
[signature]
They were 13-16". I did catch one or two ugly fugus infected bows there. I was happy with the biggest one which was very healthy.
[signature]
Great Fish!!! I don't do so well from shore there, my buddy says they are bitting great out there right now...
[cool]That's the best looking EC bow I've seen in awhile. Hard to find many fish outta there that aren't all scared up from the anchor worms. Congrats.
[signature]
Nice Fish! good on ya. Nice to see no worms all over him.
[signature]
Is the meat still good even though they got the ugly on the skin?
[signature]
The dwr claims they have no effect on humans and that the meat is fine for human consumption. However, I would have a difficult time getting the worm infested image out of my head in order to eat one.
[signature]
I agree
[signature]