Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 DWR Fishing Guidebook, changes for the new year
I don't know if anybody has posted anything about this yet, but the fishing guidebook is available for 2009. See it here... [url "http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2009_fishing/2009_fishing.pdf"]http://wildlife.utah.gov/...ing/2009_fishing.pdf[/url]

Here are the changes for 2009:

Scofield and Panguitch: slot limit placed on tiger and cutthroat trout (all fish from 15-22 inches must be released) doesn't apply to rainbow trout.

Redfleet: D#&% bucket biologists at it again. Kill all Walleyes you catch.

Pineview and Newton: All Tiger Muskies at Pineview and Newton must be released. That's not so new to most of us.

Flaming Gorge: You can now use underwater lights to spearfish for burbot at Flaming Gorge.... Yipee! Get them out a there!

-6 poles can be used ice fishing for Burbot on the Utah side now.

Community fishing: 5 new community fisheries.

[size 5]Highlights
[/size][size 4]What’s new this season?
[/size][font "Myriad Pro Black Cond,Myriad Pro Black Cond"][size 2]Changes at Scofield Reservoir and Panguitch Lake:
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]Now you may catch and keep up to four rainbow trout of any size at both Scofield Reservoir and Panguitch Lake. If you catch a trout that [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Black Cond,Myriad Pro Black Cond"][size 2]is not [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]a rainbow—and it ranges from 15–22 inches—you must release it back into the water. For more information, see the article on pages 40–41.[/size][/font]
[font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Black Cond,Myriad Pro Black Cond"][size 2]Walleye at Red Fleet: [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]Walleye were illegally planted into Red Fleet Reservoir. You must keep and kill any walleye you catch at Red Fleet.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Black Cond,Myriad Pro Black Cond"][size 2]Tiger muskies at Newton and Pineview: [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]When you fish at Newton and Pineview reservoirs, you must release any tiger muskies you catch. This change will ensure that plenty of muskies remain in these waters until the Division can begin stocking muskies again.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Black Cond,Myriad Pro Black Cond"][size 2]Underwater spearfishing changes: [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]Underwater spearfishing regulations have changed at Flaming Gorge Reservoir to encourage the harvest of burbot. For more information, please see page 21.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Black Cond,Myriad Pro Black Cond"][size 2]Six poles through the ice at Flaming Gorge: [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]Starting Jan. 1, 2009, you can use up to six poles when fishing through the ice at Flaming Gorge Reservoir.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Black Cond,Myriad Pro Black Cond"][size 2]New community fisheries: [/size][/font][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]Five new community fisheries are now open to the public. They include Millrace Park Pond, Sandy Pond, Manila Creek Pond, Steeds Pond and Carbon County Community Fishery. For more information on community fisheries, see the article on page 46.[/size][/font]
[font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2][/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[signature]
wow, a slot limit on Tigers and Cutts at Scofield. Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
I didn't know about the slot either till I read that. I'm sure I heard about before but I didn't remember.
[signature]