Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing Flasher help needed
I am looking into getting a flasher to help my ice success this year. I have been doing a lot of looking but not sure what to buy because I don't have a lot of expierience with flashers. I am sort of inbetween the Vexilar (FL8 or FL12) and Humminbird (ice 35 or 45)units. I don't what to go cheap but at the same time I don't want to over do it and get a unit that has a bunch of extras that I won't need or use.

Do any of you have recomendations or information on which is the better brand and best unit for the money? Thanks for the help!
You will probably get more answers if you post your question up on the main fishing board. They discuss this question all the time up there.

Sorry don't have a flasher so can't help with the question.
[signature]
I have the FL-8SE Vex and wouldn't have it any other way.[Wink]
[signature]
This topic has indeed been discussed in the general fishing board just within the last few weeks.

FWIW: For me - I wouldn't buy the most expensive, but I wouldn't buy the least either.

The cheaper older marcums don't have the color that the vexilars do, but the marcums have more power (but it's debatable if that is of any value.

I got the Vex FL18 and I don't wish I had anything that this won't do. Other guys have posted on things that they find important. Good luck with it.
[signature]