Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arctic grayling
[Wink] Just like to say thanks to all, for the friendly welcome. Now on to the fishin'. There is a gold mine here (Giant Mine), it has a small creek running in to Yellowknife Bay. The mine is cleaning up and last year for the first time in decades Grayling came back up the creek. Well gents they're back the creek opened up a couple days back and a friend of mine just stopped by to show me a 2 lb'er he's going to eat for breakfast. So ol' ickybob here is going down to the creek tomorrow after work to wet a line.

they're hitting on mepps spinner #0 and tiny red devils, I was thinking of trying an 1/16 to 1/8th ounce jig with a tail. Pike followed the grayling to the mouth of the creek, so if all else fails can always go gator fishin'. I'll let you know how I do and try to post a pic if successful.

Quote:
[size 1]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece. Rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"[/size]

[/quote]
[signature]
Hello ArcticFishin,

Thanks for the great report! Look forward to those photo's. Keep an eye out for the new fishing photo contest on these boards coming up, you could win some pretty cool stuff!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
pretty darn cool , we have grey's here too but there a hard one to get . just about as easy as hitting the lotto ! LOL!

i've probably seen three reeled in during my lifetime , once an angler gets one , he packs up and hightails it outta there to get to the local news paper to get a shot of him and his catch in the daily news . instant fame !

good luck pal , keep us posted on your gator catch too !
[signature]
Hi Todd, we havent heard from you in a while,

I have been wondering if you are still experiencing Grayling run? or was it a one time deal?

also I was wondering how the salmon runs are doing and if some one was planning a vacation up that way when is the best time to make plans "generaly"
[signature]
It all depends on what you are wanting to fish for and where you are going to go. Here is the link to the alaska fish and game site. They have counts of fish that are in the different rivers and will show you when they are generally at the highest point. If you are going to the infamous "kenai river" and are after king salmon, mid july is usually pretty good.
[signature]
sorry I did not get back to you sooner, computer melt down on my end.

thanks, thats news worth knowing.

I would imagine that finding hotels at the last moment there might be difficult?
[signature]
I don't know about hotels, but the ones locally to me seem to have vacancy in summer. Don't know for sure though.
[signature]