Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More questions...
I was mistaken in my other post, I have seven (not eight) limited entry bonus points but either way I'm holding out for a premium hunt.
I was trying to find a table where it would show the percentages of drawing out on a premium hunt compared to how many bonus points you have. Also, I would like to know how many average points the people who do draw out for premium have when they draw. Is that kind of info. available to the public? I was on the dwr site and found a drawing odds table but it did not show anything about bonus points.
My other question: Is there a limit on how many bonus points you can get for limited entry deer?
Have you guys seen the changes in the 2009 'guidebook'? I sent an e-mail for some clarification on the bonus points but maybe one of you can answer it for me.
One of the new rules is [font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 3]"If you don't apply for a limited entry or once-in-a-lifetime permit at least once every three years, you'll lose all of the bonus points you've accumulated up to that time."[/size][/#ff0000][/font] Does applying for a bonus point count as applying for the permit? I'd hate to loose my bonus points simply because I apply for the bonus point and not the permit. I can't imagine they would screw somebody like that but it is government [Wink].
[signature]
Go to mossback.com and click on hunter services. You can select a state, species, hunt unit and weapon. It has a really good graph that will show you your odds every year. For instance I looked up paunsagaunt, any weapon, and with 7 points you have a 3.8%?(if I remember right) chance. It goes up to 4% at 9 years then jumps up to 74% at 10 years and 100% at 11 years. With all your points your only 3-4 years from a great hunt.
[signature]
It is on the DWR page on the big game page. Scroll down to Big game statistics and drawing odds, then click on 2008 bucks bulls and once in a lifetime drawing statistics. Click on the species you want to see and it breaks it down for you by unit. It shows a graph broken down by how many permits were drawn with the number of bonus points that you have.

If you put in for a bonus point you don't have to worry about losing them. This provision was to put in place to get the points of those individuals that don't apply for a point or in the draw for three years in a row purged from the system.

There is also no limit to the number of bonus points you can get. You can see in the graphs on the DWR page the number of individuals that just apply for a bonus point. There are some that have max or nearly max points that just put in for the point.

Hope this helps.
[signature]
This draw odds chart is by far the best
[url "http://huntodds.monstermuleys.com/"]http://huntodds.monstermuleys.com/[/url]

You can actually enter the number of points you have and it will tell you your odds for every unit (LE and CWMU) in the state. If you click on the unit name when you results come up, it will break everything down for you.

If you need help figuring it out, let me know and I can guide you through it.
[signature]
Right on Hookie, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.
[signature]
I talked to a buddy of mine that guides for a living, seems I may have been mistaken about holding out for premium....one more bonus point. Anywho, I received an e-mail back from dwr, applying for a bonus point will keep you from losing them. Good luck guys on the upcoming draws.
[signature]