Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's Valley/Electric Lake
My Dad, Brother and I headed to Joes Valley for some New Years Day fishing. Thought there would be a few more people there, but there wasn't another person on the ice until fuzzyfisher showed up later on in the morning. Fishing was pretty consistent all day. Not super fast, but consistent. We probably caught around 35ish fish from 7:30 until 12:30. A couple were cutts but most were cookie cutter splake 12"-15". Couldn't find any of the monsters like fuzzy caught the other day. Ice was 3"-5" inches with some slush spots. Being that were from Sanpete County and had to go back over the mountain to get home thought we'd make a quick pit-stop at Electric to see how it was fishing. Snow is piled up in the parking spot by the dam but the pull-off is plowed a couple of hundred yards up the road. The wind was howling and my Dad doubted that we could catch anything so this only made me want to catch one even more. Drilled a couple of holes in about 20 feet of water. We were there for about an hour and I managed to catch 3 nice cutts and one real nice cutt-bow. Dad and Bro got skunked there. All-in-all it was a great day with family in the mountains fishing. What a great way to bring in 2009.
[signature]
what was the road like over fairview canyon?
[signature]
How thick was the ice at electric lake? And was there a lot of snow on top of the ice? Thats a cool name you have there by the way Mr black ham.
[signature]
Great fishing and company
[signature]
The road over Fairview Canyon was in pretty good condition except for a few places by Huntington and Electric Lake that had snow blown across it. The ice was around a foot thick with only a little snow in some spots.
[signature]