Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thin Ice be Careful
[:/] I've been reading some posts from all the brave early season ice fishermen, please be careful, an angler fell through Devil Creek this week. I checked the ice, it was just over two inches. Three hours later, someone went through the ice, could have lost his life if someone driving down the interstate hadn't seen him. I also just read a post of some one falling thoough another lake in idaho with the same results, misery and a trip to the hospital in a helicopter. The ice is a couple weeks behind it's normal schedule, use good judgement or you may never catch another fish.
[signature]
Good post. Thanks for the reality check!
[signature]
Thanks for the sanity check wackmaster
Would sure be a quick way to ruin your families X-mas just to catch a fish, I have been chomping at the bit to ice fish since November but not going to hit the hard deck for another week or two. If you must go ice fishing now, I recommend this, invite a overweight Buddy to go Ice fishing with you, and send his fat @$* out their first.

I'm sorry for that last comment, was that wrong?[Wink]

i apologize for that.[frown]

Seriously the Ice fishing season will be plenty long enough for all of us, don't need to chance the odds, you know it always happens to the other guy, it would never happen to me.[:/]
[signature]
Someone wet through at Mantua today also i heard.

The causey trip this morning was the thinnest ice i have fished on under those conditions. Pressure on the water forcing it up the holes, cracking with every step, too many people in 1 small area and just plain stupid to even attempt but, i am glad i did fish it and glad i left when i did. I was the only person in sight that had a life jacket. Another person had spikes around his neck but nobody had rope or anything else i could see. I warned everyone coming onto the ice of how bad it was but nobody turned around. It is still too early to be on it in my opinion. If you must go out, take the necessary precautions and at very least, have someone else with you. This is the first time in all my ice fishing years i actually wore a life jacket. I would suggest everyone else have one for a couple days. I probably looked stupid today, but if i had gone through i would have atleast had a fighting chance.
P.S. Tyler put a foot through when we were reeling up our poles to leave. Like wackmaster said, BE CAREFULL!
[signature]