Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rigy/Roberts Report
Started this morning fishing Riby with Steelfisher. We found the deepest hole we could at about 20-22 feet. The morning started fast with the first fish on the first drop being a 17" banana trout. Then we managed to pull in 14 stocker trout. The best fishing was from 7:30-9:00. We only caught three or four after that time.

After a quick stop at home for lunch we headed off to Roberts for more quick action. I do not know how many perch we hauled in but we were each using only one rod and the fishing was fast until we left at 5:00. THe only trick was finding an open patch in the weeds.

Windriver
[signature]
All those perch took quite awhile to fillet but they were tasty.
[signature]
Thanks for the reports and updates! Great job on the banana.

OvidCreek
[signature]
I'm heading up to the Island Park area for New Years. Any recommendations on where I should go? Im planning on doing some ice-fishing at Island Park Reservoir, any other suggestions?
[signature]
Here is a picture of Paxton with a double on Roberts. Must have been warm in the ice cube.
[signature]
Modern Technology is awesome. That is the way to fish in shirt sleeves despite a blizzard outside.

Windriver
[signature]
If you have kids Roberts Gravel pond is the way to go. Island park has some big fish but it will take some work and the fishing has been known to shut off by 10:00 A.M.

Windriver
[signature]
Nice pic Kim! Better watch those kids though. They'll turn you into an old man, tryin' to keep up, if you're not careful.
[signature]