Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Rpt.
Ok guys,

Apparently it's warmed up enough!!! 21 May - Fished from my tube with "Bud" along the North East side from about noon to 6 pm and caught 15-20 bass and about the same number of perch using my standard small pearl curly tail jigs. No big ones yet, but I'm confident they're either there or coming in. Bass sizes ranged from about 11 - 15 inches. Everything was tucked in real close to the bank, with the majority of the fish caught within the first 5 ft. from the bank.

Tried to measure water temps since that's pretty critical as to when they start coming in and are active. Didn't have my glasses and the paint marks on my thermometer have worn off so I really couldn't read. I thought I read it as 58 deg which has to be wrong, so if anyone else has temp. info please post. This info. is used to plan my first trip to the Gorge for smallmouths. 58 deg. would mean it's time!!!

[crazy]Leaky
[Smile]good report!

Did you fish the road bed?You can find huge smallie hanging off the edge of it in 20ft of water.there are some big perch in that same area.fish where the road comes in striaght accross to the piont just south where it comes in.If you guys look at map quest,find jordanell then go to areial photo of the lake zoom in and you will find they took the picture before the lake was half full and you can use it and your fishfinder to get on some big smallies.

Tight lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
That's the road I walk in from with my tube and usually the main bay I fish. I kept walking this time about another mile. I did try the road bed on the way back with no luck, but I did find them tucked against the bank on the other side of the bay.

Leaaky
Thanks for the heads up leaky. Sounds like the smallies should start really coming on pretty soon. That pond sure holds some nice ones. I just hope that when all that nice underwater cover deteriorates, the fishing stays the way it is.

Do you have problems with boats while on your tube?
[signature]
#@*# Yes, and water scooters! That's why I only go on week days! It's tolerable then.

Leaky
Sounds like the perch population is growing.What was the average size of perch caught?-TIBBZZ-
[signature]
They were all 9-10 inches. Wasn't targeting them, they're a lot larger guys in there. I did bring home some for dinner. They are one of my favorites.
Fox 13 news says water temp is 49 degrees at Jordanelle . Nice report . Got to get up there . tight lines
[signature]