Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
I am looking for a good sport to run my snowmobile without driving for an hour to get there. Does anyone know if Willard Bay gets thick enough ice to handle snowmobiles?
[signature]
It does get thick enough most years but it is illegal. You can't run Snowmobiles and ATV's at some of the state parks. Willard happens to be one they don't let you do that. You can run to Hyrum in Cache valley in a few weeks if you like the flat stuff.
[signature]
Its ILLEGAL!!!??? Even on the lake itself??!!?? That's crazy, you can run a boat there in the summer but can't use a sled to get your ice fishing gear out??? WOW!
[signature]
Tightline is correct, Willard Bay has never allowed ATV's or Snowmobiles on the ice as far as I know. Several of us called them up last year and ask about it and the reason they gave was that they did not have folks that could go out and check on people if they went out but did not return. They have boats in the summer but no ATV's or snowmobiles in the winter[crazy]. By the way, welcome to the site, thanks for signing up. WH2
[signature]
Where can I find the restriction listed at? I don't doubt that you guys are right, but I want to check on some other spots too. I gues that some of my disbeleaf about that is I bought the sowmobile for just that reason. To get my Clam ice house out and then back in.
[signature]
I'll keep looking for that thread, we were talking about where it was legal or not to use ATV and snowmobiles on it. I went back 10 pages or so but I might have been looking for the wrong title for that thread. Anyway I'll let you know if I find it. WH2
[signature]
Willard Bay State Park
900 West 650 North #A
Willard, Utah 84340-9999
(435) 734-9494
Call them. They will tell you what you need to know.[Wink]
[signature]
I found it, here is a link to that thread but it looks like you will need to contact Dubob to find out where he got his info.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=458483;search_string=snowmobile%20or%20ATV%20;#458483"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=458483;search_string=snowmobile%20or%20ATV%20;#458483[/url]
[signature]
I'm a good sport! I'll run your snowmobile!
I don't care if it takes me an hour to get there.[Wink]

They are allowed on Pineview. It freezes enough, but not yet. I think they are allowed on Mantua also.
There are places, contact a local snowmobile club. They know where to ride.

That hours drive is well worth it. Monte Cristo and Haardware Ranch open you up to hundreds of miles of groomed trails and countless open bowls and playspots.
Some are loop trails of 50 miles or more.
[signature]