Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auger Problem??
I filled up my auger with gas a few weeks ago and when I looked at it today the gas had all leaked out. Not sure where the gas leaked out from. Anyone know what areas the gas could escape from the gas container?? Anyone else had this problem?

thanks,

Justin
[signature]
Was the auger in the upright postion...Most augers have a little screw on the gas cap for venting...and if its loose the gas will leak out if the auger isn't stored in an upright position...did you check cap screw....
[signature]
It has been upright the whole time and this is why I'm Confused.
[signature]
I've never had a gas leak on my hand auger. Try checking your fuel lines (both ends). They can crack and cause problems. Your lucky you didn't find out on the ice.
[signature]
My guess would be the fuel line is cracked, or the fuel is going into the carb and leaking out of the carb.
Have you run the auger?
If it runs, it's probably the fuel line.
[signature]
Is the fuel line fixable??
[signature]
Put some more gas in and look where it leaks then let us all know...[Wink][crazy]
[signature]
[angelic]Hey good idea bassazz......lol..I'll let you know.
[signature]
My Eskimo auger did that. It was the gas tank grommett, where the fuel line goes through. It was curled and shrunken and was no longer a good seal for the fuell. It wouldn't leak completely dry, but almost.
You might want to check that. I just ordered a new one through the owner's manual's parts list.
[signature]
I have a Eskimo Auger that is doing the same thing. Upon inspection of the tank it has four nuts that are molded in the plastic tank. Thats where it is leaking. I have called the manufacture and they are sending me a new one since it it only a year old. It is a pain right now cause I'm getting gas allover everything and my garage stinks like gas.
Good luck
[signature]
i also have the eskimo 10inch auger it was doing the same exact thing. I took the tank off to realize it was leaking around all four nuts that are pre-sunk into the plastic tank for mounting. I called eskimo customer serivce and they are mailing me a new tank, no charge. Its a terrible design i may not even use the mounting bolts again...use the pre-existing holes and run a strap through, that is how the viper series tanks are held on....much better. Just google Eskimo customer serivce and call the 800 number.

good luck
dwayneb
[signature]
My Eskimo is leaking a little from the gas tank grommett as well. I'll have to order a new one from the parts list as you suggested[Smile]
[signature]
[ul][li]Be sure to get a new fuel line with it. Older ones tend to shrink, and then don't fit tightly in the new grommet.[/li][li]Glad you found your problem![/li][/ul]
[signature]
Look at what you started..[Wink] Yep I just tried to start mine and the gas line leaked where it goes on the tank....But I guess its do sense it has the same line that was on it when I bought it in the late 70's...[crazy][sly]
[signature]
Hey I had an auger leaked through the seam on the gas tank. Some how it started seperating where the seam is. Just an idea. Hope it helps. Pikeman GO FISH
[signature]