Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aggregate Defined ?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][#002850]OK, the word "aggregate" is something that has always Confused me a bit.

If the proclamation says "Limit 2 trout and salmon in the aggregate …", which of these limits does it mean?

[ol][li]2 trout[/li][li]2 salmon[/li][li]1 trout and 1 salmon[/li][li]2 trout and 2 salmon[/li][/ol]I'm pretty sure I know but just wanted it clarified.

The proclamation defines aggregate as: "… the combined total of two or more …"
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
1,2 or 3. I believe aggregate means "all together".
[signature]
Answers 1, 2, or 3 would be correct. But answer 4 would total 4 trout or salmon in the aggregate.
[signature]
Ol Coot,
Fishrmn has the correct response.
[signature]
This is a good question and I'm sure " in aggregate" is confusing for some folk. Good of you for touching base on this Coot. The above answers are correct. Work the same for Bass, but then again, bass make better snow shoe than trout [Wink]
[signature]
This has also Confused people that fish at community ponds.

There, the total bag limit is 4 fish in the aggreate.

In some ponds there are Trout, Catfish, Bluegill, LMB, and Perch.

Your legal bag and or possession limit is a total of 4 of any combination of these fish.

An example would be
2 Trout
1 Catfish
1 LMB
The total is 4 fish even though thay are of 3 different species.
[signature]
Just substitute the word "Total" for the words "in Aggregate". Then it reads like this:

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#002850]"Limit 2 trout and salmon in total"[/#002850][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#002850][/#002850][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Aggregate also refers to the mixed size gravel used in roadbeds or in concrete. Probably wouldn't help your fish to put them in the gravel...especially pea gravel. I hate peas.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Happy New Years ol' buddy.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for all your good answers. I especially like DallanC's idea of substituting "total" for "Aggregate".
[signature]