Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport - Echo NYE Day
ll
Drove bye Rockport twice today...once in morn, once around 3pm. Saw nobody on the lake although there was some holes close to shore near 2nd outhouse and upper end (where ice is white). Temp registered between 37-42F. Dead deer is still there at 1st outhouse. Spoke with a guy at Echo who said ice was roughly 4 inches and clear like glass. I'd bet the ice was NOT that thick! This lake is not quite ready for us... come on ice!

Fished Echo from about 8:30a-2:30p. We parked at 1st major pullout. there was lots of people, and not a whole lot of catching. So we left for the damn dam. We iced two trout there. A couple guys we know left with their trout limits, once small brown in the mix. But I still have not even seen a perch here yet this year. We were going to prospect for perch across from the dam, but the ice got thinner and was groaning, so we decided against it. temp was only 16F when we left in the afternoon. Big temp difference from Rockport!
[signature]
We were up there too today. I agree with you 100% on Rockport. Hopefully in a week or so it will be ready. We fished near the boat ramp/marina at Echo. We caught a few VERY small perch (4-5 inches)[:/], and 7or 8 trout from 12-16 inches. Not that great at all. The other people we talked to out there experienced slow action as well. Ice was 5-6 inches thick.
[signature]
they should be on the biggest flats in 15 to 50 ft. if you have a map look for big flats. at rockport the flats out from the out houses are king... i wana hit it in the morning. the perch down the road are to small for me.[fishin]
[signature]
Anyone know which ice usually is safest first out of Rockport, East Canyon, or Jordanelle ?. I like to go to these three cause they are close, East Canyon being my favorite
[signature]
never been to east canyon. but rockport is gonna beat jordanelle by a couple weeks. rockport should be ready by the end of next week.
[signature]