Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Smallmouth
Fished Jordanelle today from about 8:30 to about 2:00 caught fish the whole time. Don't know how many for sure but at least 20 smallmouth 5 or 6 perch and 2 i'm not sure of they were either white fish if they have them in jordanelle or some kind of sucker. Caught all fish on 3in. white curly tail and 1/8th oz. jighead casting into the bank. Fished the east bank out from boat ramp the whole time.

[Image: poncho_6858.jpg]

[Image: poncho_6860.jpg]
[signature]
Could of been albanio trout or chubs, there is plenty of both in there. I'll be up at Jordanelle at sunrise.
[signature]
Water temp was 56 when I got there 58 when I left.
[signature]
Poncho,

I think I saw you there. Next time you see an old guy in a float tube with a golden roaming the bank say howdy. You kept your distance which is polite, not like some others I met. Also had to tell some folks that had driven down that it was a no motorized vehicle area and of course they insisted that there were no signs where they came in at. After walking in for 2 mi you tend to resent those that can't follow the rules. Didn't have as good as sucess as you, caught some bass and perch using a smaller version of what you used, but caught 1.3 zillion chub!!! I measured 58 deg F. on my thermometer which is warm, warm, warm. That's spawning temp.s!!!!! Am going to ask Tom about the chubs and the affect on bass fisheries.

Leaky
I have caught whitefish in jordanelle . But by the sound of it there is lots of chubs in there . I haven't fished it much in the last 4 years , but things are going to change . Nice fish !!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Yeah leaky I remember you I was wondering why you were walking in when that other vehicle drove in. I tube some to so I try and be considerate to other's. Next time I see you I will say hi. That was just the second time I have had my boat on Jordanelle, the reason I went there was a post from Wed. or Thurs. I think it was your post, the fish were where you said, I did better on the points than on the straight banks. I was in a red and white creastliner. I did best early, about 11:00 they slowed down but still bit. See you there one day, have a good holiday.
[signature]
Leaky since you caught so many chubs that must have been what I kept missing for all the fish I caught I missed 2 or 3 times that many. My jig must have been to big for there mouths. I thought I was missing smallies.
[signature]