Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout recipe??
I don't know if this is the right place to be asking, but I was wondering about cookin up some trout. I've kind of forgot what all to do.

Basically what I remember is that I just cut up the belly and gutted the fish and left on the head and everything else, but I don't remember if thats all right.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE??
[signature]
Lime, wasapi and soja.

cut into slices and mix it all in one ball
[signature]
well if you want to do it whole my favorite way is to season the cavity with garlic salt and lemon pepper, put a strip of bacon in it, wrap it in foil and bake it at 350 for at least 30 minutes. the eye's will be milky and the skin will fall right off the meat when it's done. so if you don't see that after 30 minutes wrap it back up and bake it for another 10 or so.

the best way for trout is baked fillets though. what ya do is line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil so it won't leak on the pan (makes clean up a breeze). squirt some lemon juice on the foil and spread out your fillets in the lemon juice. then mix up 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup pesto, and 1 cup Parmesan cheese. spread that on top of the fillets and bake them for 15 min. @ 350. check the thickest fillet for doneness. if you've got fillets over an inch thick they'll take longer. just like before bake it for another 10 min. and check. These little babys are pure heaven. I like to serve them up on a bed of rice.
[signature]
Thats awesome!
Thanks for sharing.
The first way you said was what I had done before but without the bacon in the middle. def sounds tasty though.

The one with the fillets...is that with the skin on or off??
[signature]
skin off. you get more flavor in the meat without the skin in the way.
[signature]
Thanks again! Should be cookin' some up this spring![Smile]
[signature]
I'm a fan of friends, beer, and a good smoked Trout.

A good Brine Solution and very basic;

1 Cup Pickling salt
10 cups of water
1/4 Brown Sugar
Thyme
Chili Powder

Let sit in fridge for 10 to 18 hours depending on Field Dressed Trout or fillet trout.

I do a wet smoke for about 2 to 3 hours at 170 Degrees.
After complete smoking let stand at room temp for 30 min- the meat is shocked so let stand to get the full flavor.

Drink some beer and talk with some friends, good times!
[signature]