Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WMA DEAL
What's the deal with the WMAs? Do they close at the end of the year and re-open in May? Are all of them managed the same? When can they be accessed for shed hunting?
Thanks,
Matt
[signature]
most of them close 1-1-0f the year, they usually reopen in may.
[signature]
There's a hunt in the proc that goes until the 15th of January on the Henefer/Echo unit. So that's why I'm Confused. I guess they run all of them different.[:/]

As long as they are all closed Febuary-April, and shed hunters can't get on there, I'm satisfied. It's nice to have an "Opening day" for the shed hunt, instead of a bunch of yahoos picking them up as they drop. [Wink]
[signature]
Yep, that is right.
[signature]
Matt,

I noticed they other day on the DWR web site that they have a calendewr on there that announces when everythingopens and closes. One of the things that they showed opening and closeing was the shed season. I dont know if you have seen this but was pretty helpful. Check it out if you have not seen it.

Mark
[signature]
Does the calender show when each WMA opens and closes?

The DWR changed the shed hunting rule this year. You can now shed hunt all year long as long as you take the "shed hunting orientation course". But if the WMAs are closed to access, then you can't hunt them whether you take the course or not.

They need to have a schedule that applies to all WMAs so that everybody knows what's going on.

Oh BTW did anyone else hear about the new rule on the point system for non-residents? Non-residents can now apply for every LE species and OIL speices every year. Residents have to follow the previous process, so I would recommend moving away for ten years and building up your points, and then move back and you will be set up with 10 points for every animal in the state. Nice how the DWR decided to screw the residents over.
[signature]
I didn't see that part in the proc., that's messed up. Maybe they are looking for $$$?
[signature]