Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishlake is hot! but-ouch
Fished fishlake today 1-7 fishing was hot.. we fished twin creeks about 40 yds north of the open water in 35' of water most fish were caught 10-15' under the ice with paddle bugs. caught probably 50 fish between 3 of us with several sweet bows.

our day got cut short when i went for food at the truck, as i was stepping off to the shore i slipped and went down hard- real hard....(about 1:00 pm)

spent the next few hours at the emergency room in richfield. I broke my leg in 3 spots.

there were 3 other groups of fisherman up there.. I'm sure they all thought I was dying. I am 6'8" and 280lbs and I was screaming like a little girl. everyone up there was awesome to help us get my fat butt back to the truck. Thanks guys!

Fishing is excellent right now, but be supper careful it's slick as heck- hardly any snow on ice.

pics coming soon- 4-6 weeks with no work. HOPE MY CAST IS WATERPROOF!
[signature]
They offer a Gore-tex casting material. I got it when I broke my wrist. Sucks to hear about your leg. Good job on the fish anyway!

I wish you a speedy recovery!
[signature]
7:10 [Image: Picture001.jpg]am

zach with nice bow- not the biggest
[Image: Picture002.jpg]

my old man with little splake
[Image: Picture003.jpg]

the long ride back to SLC
[Image: Picture004.jpg]
[signature]
That sucks man, i was up there last friday and slipped 4 times in half a day, and was lucky to escape with nothing but a "sprained" thumb and had the air knocked out of me more times than any football game i ever played in. I thought it was horrible until i heard this story, It would've been worth it had you left with a 25lb mack in your sled haha. Fishing is a full contact sport, there is no doubt about it!
[signature]
Ouch! Ice fishing can be a full contact sport, I've had my turn but nothing broken...yet. Hats off you, welcome to the site, that's hardcore! Thanks for the report. I'll be headed down that way this weekend if you want me to drag you behind the sled [:p]
[signature]
bummer dude.. suck's to end a great day of fishing that way!! [:/]..
[signature]
No pics of the X-rays? Too bad about your ankle. As was mentioned, you can get a liner that will allow your cast to get wet. I still don't think I'd recommend it in cold weather though....
[signature]
That sucks! I went in a hole last night up to mid shin and fell over sideways, almost the end of my fishin season.... wrap it up and get back at it [Wink]
[signature]
That's one example how a $10 pair of ice cleats can pay off. That really sucks man. How thick was the ice. Where there any atvs on the ice. Headed down there for the weekend wondering if I should load the wheeler.
[signature]
-thanks for all the kind words guys. I had a pair of ice cleats in my hand tuesday night and decieded I didnt need them..

ice was 6-8".. very solid down by mackinaw bay, but the edges by twin creeks were a litlle iffy.
[signature]
That sucks Bigtime.[pirate]
Best wishes on a speedy recovery.[fishin][fishin][crazy]
[signature]
We went out on Fishlake and fished in the dark last Saturday and did quite well. I was having a riot until my dad and brothers decided that they were too cold. I was using ratfinks with a gob of, don't laugh, of char. glow ish powerbait. A friend told me that is what he uses when he night ice fishes and I made fun of him all winter last year ... until I finally tried it and started pulling some pretty nice splake out of the ice. We were straigt east from the Marina and the Boat ramp right where the moss bank ends... I have no idea if that place has a name or if that even makes sense.. but.... Sorry to hear about the leg. Just fasten some skis on a wheel chair and make someone pull you around on the fourwheeler. ha ha.
[signature]
just got back from the foot doctor.. its worse than the richfield ER doc's thought,

surgery planned a week from tuesday- he said elevate it and use lots of ice. i said how about 9000' on a frozen lake- he didnt think i was serious?[crazy]
[signature]