Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba again
After yesterday's trip to Yuba I had to go back again today. I brought my 5 year old girl along, so I waited a little longer to leave hoping it would be nice and warm. We got there about 10am. I had the lake to myself yesterday, but there were about 20 people there today. I loaded my little girl in the sled and went right to the same holes I fished yesterday. Most people were fishing too shallow. There was one pretty big group fishing right off the point that TD fishes alot. They should have been plenty deep. We got into the fish and had a limit by 12:30. My little girl had a good nap, and I got to visit with a guy from Salem that I invited over when he saw me catching fish. Four fish today went just over a pound and around 12 inches. The biggest was over 13" and 1lb 6oz. It was 10" around the middle (full of eggs).
[signature]
Nice! To bad the limit isnt higher!
[signature]
Good catch, that Perch sure is a pig. Well I guess the Perch are doing well.
[signature]
Good lookin perch! I remember just a few short years ago that Pineview would yield perch like that by the bucket full. Spent 4 hours on Pineview last Saturday for a total of three scrawny perch. I felt lucky since nobody else was catching any. I'll drive distance for healthy perch like yours. Whats the limit at Yuba? Is it 10?
[signature]
The limit is 10. Not just 10 but the first 10. You can't catch and release, when you get ten fish you're done fishing.
[signature]
With the perch that size it turns out to be alot of meat. At least as much as four trout.
[signature]
Thanks for the info!
[signature]
It seems there was a few of us BFTers at Yuba today....Nice pictures..
[signature]
Was that you and your buddy in the maroon Dodge leaving about 1pm? I left at the same time. I was pulling the sled with the little girl in pink riding along.
[signature]
Where is Yuba?
[signature]
About an hour south of Provo along I-15.
[signature]
That was us, it was a great day.. I wish I would have known it was you...

I need to get a BFT sticker to put on my sled so others will know and say hi..
[signature]
How deep were you fishing and what were you using? I am hoping to go to yuba this saturday with my son. I will probably be in one or two spots the whole day so any info will help.
[signature]
I would find at least 40 feet of water. I caught most of my fish on a fire tiger crippled herring tipped with nightcrawler. I also caught some on a glow chartreuse jig head tipped with perch. I fished the same holes that I drilled the day before. I like to use jigging spoons just because they get back down faster and I have more feel that deep. Also, I put a pretty big single hook on them that I like to believe keeps the smaller fish off.
[signature]
I hit Yuba again today on my way to work. Got there at about noon. Had a limit and off the ice by 1:30 or so. Same hole I drilled on Wednesday.
[signature]