Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spider bull
i have just a couple questions,on this magnifecent animal. hookjaw do you have his sheds? i want to know where the hell his sheds are from the past years. also how are his young doing surely this magneficent beast past on some genes in his 9 or 10 years. this is the bigust skam on fair chase hunting in years,you are going to get busted doyle,what a farce.hunted him for 13 days my but doyles yo yo''''s never left his sight after being kicked out of the horse trailer in the spring.id like to match his dna to that cape he is wearing now bet it dont match.
[signature]
The tines up boys say they have the sheds
[signature]
Here is a link to the boone and crocket site that says he was a wild elk and is now the world record

[url "http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/featured_story.asp?area=news&ID=36"]http://www.boone-crockett.org/...?area=news&ID=36[/url]
[signature]
I say he is ranch raised too. You can go to MM and see what everyone else thinks but who cares. He is not legit.[mad]
[signature]
Do you think Doyle paid people to say his DNA was wild?
[signature]
that is not what i said read my post.
[signature]
He was mighty crafty for a ranch bull. I dont think any ranch raised bull could evade that many hunters for that long. True, Doyle is a criminal, i have no idea how they can sell a tag to that same guy each year, and not have a ton of money to pour into our state habitat projects and such. they have made it harder and harder for residents to draw. its a rich mans sport here in utah, and we have guys like doyle to blame for it. Our dollars grow the animals big, but we have to wait 15 years to draw a worthwhile tag?? Meanwhile they put up our best tags for auction to the highest bidder.

Sorry for the rant, (i have 13 bonus points, but cant draw and i'm a little upset about that!) but i actually think the spider bull was legit.
[signature]
I read your post and i posted a answer to your question who has the sheds??? the tines up boys have them and then i posted a link to B&C nothing against you or your post
[signature]
I agree its real congrats to Deny A and as far as mossback thats another story
[signature]
Here is another story on him [url "http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_11380830?source=rv"]http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_11380830?source=rv[/url]
[signature]
Money can do alot of things. Why is there NO other bulls with his genes on monroe? Nothing even close to him. Someone claims to have sheds but have never posted pics of spiders sheds. They showed pics of some other bulls sheds and got caught doing it.. Something is not legit about it.[cool]
[signature]
What about Chicken foot he had almost the same style growth of antlers as the spider bull both off the monroe looks like the same genetices to me i think more people would beleave it was real if Doyle and his boys didnt get it and a DIY hunter did
[signature]
how do you know how crafty he was, cause they said they hunted him for 13 days give me a break that bull was baby sat from the time he was delivered show me his sheds and ill drop it. but you are intiled to your opion as i to mine[cool]
[signature]
I watched ALL the threads on MM and never saw what i considered PROOF that he had been seen prior to this summer. Like BB33 said, show me HIS sheds from the last 3 years or even last year and i will change my mind. Some other people claim to have footage of him last year but can never produce it. B&C said he was wild, so be it. I will agree to disagree with you. I don't want to get in a pissing match because neither of us will change our minds. Deal?[cool]
[signature]
Ive been taking my meds lately so i dont get upset anymore[cool] lets go fish
[signature]
I think the real truth on the bull will surface in the future, there seems to have been scandals in the past over great trophies taken that eventually were found to be illegal or did not meet BC or PY requirements taken by hunters such as Kirt Darner or Noel Feather just to name a few. I watched Roughing it Outdoors the night they interviewed the hunter and I think he missed the bull the 1st go round and returned to Idaho until Doyel and his crew rounded him up again and called the hunter back down for another round, sounds like a real hunt to me LOL. If it is all legal and a fair chase kill it's a great bull.
[signature]
So what all you guys are implying is that if you don't find an animals sheds, it doesn't exists??? Monroe is a thick unit and there are more than enough places to hide in there. It is possible that the bull was transported from a ranch but I doubt it.
Everybody rags on the Mossback team for being a bunch of cheaters, but the fact is "They are the best at what they do". They are probably the best guides in the world. They hire spotters (Peak Freaks) that dedicate their lives to finding the biggest baddest bulls on the mountain. Moss brings in some big money every year, because he is a smart guy and started a great business and he pays his employees good. The clients that hunt with him are usually hunters just like you and me, they just have a lot more money.
As far as the non-resident hunters screwing up our odds, that's a bunch of crap! Non-residents have a separate draw so it doesn't affect your odds. Those guys that have the big bucks just buy a goveners tag or other auctioned tags. Most of the time the money from those tags goes to help the habitat and animals in Utah, so we should be grateful that these guy spend the money that they do.
The spider bull was on the unit for the whole year and any resident hunter with a bow or rifle had the chance to find him and take him. The Mossback team worked hard and found the bull (As they always do) and now we have another record because of them.
There are plenty of stories going around about Moss and his team, but I think most of them are rumors. When someone is successful or famous, there are always stories to be told.
Believe what you want, but I believe that the Spider Bull is a monarch and was legally taken. Doyle and the team take record elk every year that are proven resident bulls, why do they need to cheat??? It's like Jordan trying to cheat in basketball, he doesn't need to [Wink]
[signature]
[#6000bf]Surely if this was some big "conspiracy", someone from [/#6000bf][#6000bf]Mossbacks, the ranch that raised him would come forward by now. [/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]Does Boone and Crockett not do DNA testing? This would eliminate and "red stag" theorys that are plastering [/#6000bf][#6000bf]the web.[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]Also, sure is funny that it took 1 month to harvest the bull?? Wouldn't it have been easier to tag it on opening day.[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]I am not saying things like this do not happen (ie. Darner). However, I am giving Austed credit for a[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]great bull. Also, I am glad he donated $100K plus[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]to conservation. [/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]Also, I trust the foundation that Teddy Roosevelt founded,[/#6000bf][#6000bf]who investigated, and verified this bull to be legit.[/#6000bf]
[signature]
I have to agree with you Matt about that bull being able to hide out like that and could move around. Animals like that can travel and cover some country and move around and go unseen.

I do Question the Ethics or lack there of Doyle and his company. Doyle has been a part of questionable antics for many years. We all have heard many storys about him and his guys and what they do.

Its nice to see people spending the amount of money that they do for tags to hunt in this state. However on the other hand, this has created such greed and every body wants some of the peice of the pie. So, guys like you and I cant aford to hunt these places. CWMU hunts really dont run like they were designed to. Most let you hunt three days that they choose. in sections that they choose.

I to am Sadened by the whole thing like everyone else. I have 13 points for elk. I am going to buy a point this year because I have to use all of my time off for my family next month with my wife giving my daughter a new kidney. But that is worth it. I know then I still have my points! Then next year I should draw and have my hunt of a life time. I know that when I draw, I have at least a dozen guys that are going with me to spot and assit in finding me a bull on the unit that I am putting in for. They all have drawn on it and know it well. So I will be patient and wait my turn.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I know that I am jealous that I did not shoot that bull. Just like all the rest of us are!

LAter,

Mark
[signature]
I agree, there have been all kinds of accounts of the Mossback team performing "unethical" acts. I think for the most part they are pretty ethical guys. I have seen tons of thier videos and one of my best freinds does Doyle's taxidermy work and knows him personally. From what he says, he is a good guy.
As far as Poaching and stuff that is Illegal, I really don't think they are involved in anything like that. They may have tried to block a few roads off to the public, which is also illegal, but not a huge deal. If Doyle paid me 20,000 to watch a bull for a few days, I would be doing more than blocking roads off. Let's just say there would be plenty of flat tires [sly]
[signature]