Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Info ???
Anyone have a report on the bay as of recent ?? Ice conditions..thickness... an catching...Thanks for any recent reports.. I would like to hit it on friday afternoon till bout 8pm or so..Thanks again..[Wink]
[signature]
I went there last week in the southwest corner but couldnt even get a hit I heard its tough the ice is plenty thick even on the north end but watch out coming out of the marina also there is not any snow on the ice on the north end so its preety slick.
[signature]
[Smile] Thank you very much.. Glad to here that its plenty thick.. How many holes did you drill ?? How long did ya fish for ?? anyone interested on going on Friday afternoon into the darkness ?? I have a few gps points that i tagged while the water was still open.. I managed to tag 3 cords in the northeast corner that were in the 10 to 12 ft range that were fairly close to the eagle beach site..
[signature]
Thanks for the info and update [Wink]
[signature]
How bad is the snow depth on the dike road? Regular car passable?
The dike road wasnt bad but I wouldnt drive my car on it unless I really didnt like my car. MUDDY
[signature]
I would love to get out.....will you be fishing for Walleye?
[signature]
I drilled about 6 holes and fished about 2hours. How do you plan on getting to the nw corner? I definitly like to go again I am going to pull something out of there this winter. The area I was fishing the other day I have caught wiper, cats and walleye in that area. I drove about halfway down the back side of the dike and it started to get muddy and I am sure there is even less snow on top of the mud now.
[signature]
I said northeast corner bud... Like I said before i got some good gps point for deeper water on tha part of the bay...And I also know its a pretty easy walk out on the ice from eagle beach... I too am lookin to pull some fish out of there this winter myself.. Ive been seekin a wiper through the ice for a few years now.. I made dozen plus trips over the last few seaons an only managed some cats an crappies.. Let me know if you want to go for sure I have a park pass an got room in my rig ...I will be gettin off work on friday bout 330 and will b headin strait thata way..
[signature]
Oh sorry bro the north end is hella slick I went out and walked around a bit saturday. out from the beach there is like a ridge wher its almost open but I think you can walk around and get out further. I too plan on going out friday I will have my kids so it might make it tough for me to go out on the slik end. But I will pm you if my plans change.
[signature]
We stopped out there last thursday at the marina to see the ice. It was open water in the marina directly off the ramp and unsafe ice in the channel. The main lake looked alright.
I fished it last year with some success on wipers. I did not get any through the hole, but i hooked several on a sweedish pimple with wax worms and shrimp and some pro-cure. I fished 2/3 the way to the light pole in 12.5' of water. Very light bite and once you hook them, look out! Line peeling, viscious, and crazy through the ice. I either broke off or lost all the wipers i had to the hole. Once they see you it's over. Tha cats are easier to land. Good luck.[cool]
[signature]
10-4 thanks for the update and advice...I too have had them on more than once but couldnt getem outa the hole..Still looking for that 1st though... [Wink]..
[signature]