Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck Creek, Utah Report
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: rate1.jpg] Rating [mad] 0-5 [cool] 5 being fantastic[cool][cool][cool][/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Friday, May 23, 2003 [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I stopped at Duck Creek on Hwy 14 just east of Navajo Lake at around 11:30 AM. It was raining a little when I got there but didn’t last long. Went around and talked with fisherman and they said that fishing was really slow. I got news from one Angler that they had just stocked the reservoir about a half hour before I got there. Saw a couple guys fly-fishing. It didn’t look like they were getting anything. I stayed for about an hour and only saw one guy get a fish. I did notice a lot of dead trout skeletons along the shore. Must have been there for a while. I couldn’t believe all the trash that was in the water either. It has been a few years ago when I was there last. I didn’t even try to fish it. I may stop on the way back from Pine Lake on Monday. [/size][/font]

[url "http://www.duckcreekvillage.net/"][font "Times New Roman"][#800080][size 3]http://www.duckcreekvillage.net/[/size][/#800080][/font][/url]

[size 3]One Happy Angler[/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[Image: duckcreek1.jpg]

[signature]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: rate0.jpg] Rating [mad] 0-5 [cool] 5 being fantastic[cool][cool][cool][/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Monday, May 26, 2003 [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I got to Duck Creek about Noon. There were about 20 people fishing. I decided to give it try. I had about an hour or 2 to kill so I got out the fishing gear and started fishing. I didn’t want to use Power Bait. I tried out my new olive Wooly Bugger set up that Southernman taught me. Well it didn’t work! I tried all the different colors. I don’t think that was the problem because there was no fish left to catch! No one was catching anything. I saw Anglers using Power Bait, Rainbow, Sherbet, Green, Orange, Pink, Crave, worms and even grasshoppers. All we caught was moss off the bottom. I talked with Hedgesd and he said that the lake dried up last summer. The only fish in the lake were planted this year. That was why there were lots of dead fish skeletons along the shore. Very Disappointing. [Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad] [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Insert Picture Here[/size][/font]
[signature]
The lake didn't dry up it was the stream down below that dried up. All the dead fish was the winter kill. The spring usually keeps a small part of the open all winter.
[signature]
Ooops Sorry about that. I guess I didn't understand what you said. Nice to hear from you.
[signature]