Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Kok
Is it difficult to catch Kok through the ice at Strawberry? Anybody have any tips?

Thanks,

Jeff
[signature]
It's actually pretty hard to find the little buggars through the ice up there. If they happen to swim through, you can catch them on smaller jigs/ice flies tipped with eggs, mealies or waxies. I personally wouldn't go up there and try to target them through the ice, as it is much more entertaining to catch piggy cutts.
[signature]
Not sure about "KOK", but the "Kokes" are pretty hard to find up there [laugh]. There are very few people that catch kokes through the ice up there. I think most of them hang out in the narrows and are hard to get to.
The best places to get kokes through the ice would be Causey and Porcupine. The kokes are smaller in these lakes but there are always people that get into them.

It's hard to worry about the elusive Strawberry Kokes when there are 100s of hungry 20 inch cutts ready to bite the end of your line.[Wink]
[signature]
I to have found its a chore to chase down the Koke at Dah Berry when its covered with ice. I will add that I find the same techniques work at the Berry for Koke as works at FG. Look for them suspended over deep water. As mentioned,, the Narrows provides the spot to start.
[signature]
Thanks for everyone's input. I really appreciate it. I have fished Strawberry many times and have never caught any "kokes" so I was just wondering. Thanks again.

Jeff
[signature]