Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the sun? Boise area
Is Lucky Peak or Arrowrock above the inversion? Anyone been up there lately?

I heard it got up to 48 at Bogus today. I need to see the sun before I go crazy.
[signature]
I lived in Boise for four years and I don't miss those inversions at all. I live in Idaho Falls now and we get inversions here but we don't get the fog like you do down there. It will get foggy here but will burn off by noon. I remember going two or three weeks and never seeing more than a hundred yards. It is enough to make you crazy.
[signature]
Well I got above the inversion at Arrowrock dam. Lots of people fishing at Arrowrock and a couple guys were out trolling. Not a bit of ice on the reservoir. The sun was beautiful and not a cloud in the sky! It was colder up there than in Boise though. 21 vs 28 at around 2 in the afternoon. Snow along the bank but it's not a long walk to the water as it's almost full. Take some firewood if you go.
[signature]
Sun? What's that. I, too, am going inversion crazy. So, next to the fact that there is sun at Arrowrock, you forgot to mention the most important thing: were they catching anything? I haven't been up there for a couple of months. Yeah, I see they have been raising it 3/4 of a foot a day. Did you fish it yourself?
[signature]
I took my poles but didn't fish. There were people in my favorite spots and I usually do better fishing in the morning or evening. I did catch some rays though!
[signature]