Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park 1/17/2009
Started fishing at 09:00 AM and quit at 03:00 PM . Landed 11 fish kept 6 . 10 planters and one 20" rainbow . There were alot of people fishing , the most I have seen this year . Curt G.
[signature]
I fished Sat as well. I had to drop my daughter off in Rexburg at 6:00am[Image: sleeping.gif] so headed up early. I started fishing at 7:30-I ended up catching 10 fish in the first hour and missed at least that many more[sly]! On my first pole -the first 3 casts never hit bottom before getting a bite. One 20" was caught but that was after the planter frenzy early on. I left at 9:30am. I fished just east of the boat ramp in 8-10 ft of water. Orange and pink jigs tipped with crawler were the ticket-no luck on green. Between 8:30 and 9:30 only 2 fish-the one big one and another 13 inch planter. I saw a lot of fisherman as well but the guys out deep had only landed 2 the entire time I was there. I have tomorrow off so I might try my luck on Ririe-sounds like a few guys did OK and I would like to catch a few decent sized perch.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Ironrod. I fished near the dam last week and got zipped[frown] lots of fish on sonar but no takers. I guess it's all about location location location eh? I will give it another shot in a day or two.
[signature]