Its almost time
What tags is everyone applying for??

ME

Still in the dedicated hunter program

San Juan Elk

OIL Wasatch Moose

Hopeing to see a turkey tag at the end of the month also [Smile]
[signature]
I have been putting in for deer for the last 4 years, but with the nasty winter we had last year I think I'm going to start building some points for elk and let the deer pop replenish for a while.

So:

Elk - Pahvant

Moose - Bonus Point
[signature]
Archery Deer.

OIL Bison

Limited Elk...haven't nailed down the unit just yet.
[signature]
Muzzy Deer
LE Elk
OIL Moose

I keep holding out hope that all these bonus points will finally pay off.
[signature]
idont have that many points drew my moose 4 years ago elk 6 but my wife has 14 elk and 13 moose she puts in in very very special areas.[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Elk, antelope, and moose tags are gone working on the deer and goat.[cool]
[signature]
I will be going for the buck bull combo (again) this year. With the deer herd as bad as it was last year I saw more bulls than I did bucks.
[signature]
Hookjaw, I was in the same situation as you many years ago and did the same thing you say you are going to do. I had 4 points for elk and decided that I really didn't care if I got a big elk and switched to deer. I really wanted a big buck to put on my wall. Well I'm sitting on 9 deer points going into this years draw. I had been applying for quality CWMU's most of that time. I have enough points this year to almost guarantee a tag in those units, but I am not putting in for them for the same reasons you stated. I'm switching to a different LE unit down south this year and I am looking at another 2-4 years to guarantee that I draw that tag. I could get lucky, but I haven't experienced that for 9 years. If only I had made up my mind in the beginning. I don't regret switching to deer, but do regret taking so long to make the decision. Just my 2 cents, good luck on whatever you do.

Also,

Desert bighorn

General rifle deer
[signature]
Bonus point LE elk, this will then give me 14 points SWEET!

OIL Moose. Bonus point. this will give me ten.

With all the time I will be useing for my daughters up coming transplant, I wouldnt have enough time off to take what I need off. So, I will just get points this year and then should draw next year for elk.
[signature]
[#6000bf]Desert Sheep[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]LE Deer[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]Looking forward to applying for some out of state hunts[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]as well.[/#6000bf]
[signature]
Forgot about out of state! Will get a point for wyoming Elk also
[signature]