Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Info?
I'm going to be up in Island Park the first Monday/Tuesday of next month and am hoping to get some fishing in at the reservoir. What I was hoping for is good starting points that are fairly accessible via road. Last year I fished near the dam and didn't do too well, but I had heard that the fish were in 5-10 feet of water too. The posts I've been reading have often referred to fishing near a boat ramp. I'm wondering which boat ramp access that would be. I'm not looking for any secret holes or anything, just a spot that I can go hit for the morning while rest of the family sleeps in.

Also if anyone else is planning on being up there fishing during that time I'd love to meet up with anyone from the board and swap info and stories.
[signature]
The boat ramp is just across from the dam. You can walk there from the dam parking lot.

Windriver
[signature]
lol, thanks for the info [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I was there today , I caught 20 fish between 8" and 13" . On Saturday I caught one 20" . The boat ramp is on the same road you take to the dam . When you turn at Ponds to go to the dam , keep going straight don't turn left at the intersection to the dam it will take you the the boat ramp . There is a rest room and parking lot . Fish shallow water 6' to 10' . Good luck Curt G.
[signature]
Just bringing this one back to the top again. I'm headed up second part of the weekend into next week and was looking for any new info. Anyone been fishing by the lakeside lodge? I've heard some people are but haven't been able to get details like what was used, depth or success rates. Anything recent for that spot or anyother spot fairly easily accessed by car then foot would be most appreciated.
[signature]