Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Report
I snuck away a little early today and got on Ririe at about 4:00. I could not get to my normal locations because of a bleeding pressure ridge (water leaking out). I decided to try the far shoreline straight across from the parking lot. I set up two trout rods in 12-15ft of water and three other rods out deeper for perch and Kokes.

The trout rods saw some action right away. I ended up with 8 hits, landed three and snapped one off. All of the trout looked healthy and were 14-15." I did not see any kokes or perch on the vexilar.

Only fished for a little over an hour, but it was nice to get out and exercise the fish a little.

Didn't seem like anyone was catching Kokes. Talked to one guy that had pulled out a few perch in the 7-10" range.

Be careful around the pressure ridge until it solidifies.

Windriver
[signature]
I fished there from 1 to 5pm with one small bite and a little hit on a jigged lure. Fished 1/2 the time in 40-50' and the rest in 75' deep water. Graphed a school at 40 to 45' and a few single fish in 75' deep water. This only lasted a couple of minuits. I heard that a few Kokes were caught earlyer "near the bottom in 50' of water" I think this was just north of the boat docks. I think that was you I saw walking back accross just as I was leaving about 5:30. My 3 year old started to get cold.
[signature]
Ya, I left at 5:30 so that was probably me. I usually take my kids but I was checking ice conditions first.

Windriver
[signature]
Spent the entire day 1-19 at Ririe from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and only iced nine. (three cutts, four perch, and two big suckers.) Iced seven hard jigging/ two dead polling. Kokes came through for fifteen seconds at 30 feet, could not even get my line down fast enough. Oh well the sun was bright and the ice is on. I am concerned about the perch; hit some of my favorite spots and only iced four? Fastest bite was from 3:30-4:30 pm.

OvidCreek
[signature]
You must have left just as I was getting set up. I got all my hits in a fifteen minute period just after 4:30.

Windriver
[signature]
When jigging at Ririe I have used swedish pimples and castmasters in small sizes and silver,red,blue and pink with only a little success. Do tube jigs work better? I sometimes have an ice fly 3' up the line at times.
[signature]
Hi guys
Was just wondering how thick the ice is up at ririe res?
[signature]
The ice is 4-6" thick depending on where you are at.

Windriver
[signature]
Honestly I was surprised that jigging steadily helped! I usually just jig and then dead pole; with the exception of kokes when I jig a little and keep the pole in my hand. I was using a small green tube jig for perch, but icing trout and suckers as well. Ice was 4-6 inches, and was groaning all day.

OvidCreek
[signature]