Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nils Master High velocity Ice Auger
Has anyone ever used or owns one? I am looking at maybe getting one.
You can buy them online at cabelas.com. I figure someone on here has to own one and can offer some feedback.
[signature]
I've heard there fast. I was into Cabela's the other night and they had some.
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]I've owned one since last year. It is the 4-1/2 inch diam. model. It cuts a hole through 8 inches of ice very fast (Rockport on Wed.). Also, the handle is attached and just needs to be folded in place with a wing nut. easier than two piece augers.

This size is fine for most panfish and trout I catch. Don't know how it would be for larger trout at the Berry? I still have my old Jiffy 6 inch auger, but never carry it anymore.

Only concern I have is that I have'nt checked the cost of a new blade, if and when it needs it. So far it is still sharp.
Good Luck!
[signature]
Thanks for the input!
Well, I just ordered the 8" model. Was going to get the 6", but they are gone now, so 8 it is. I am excited to try it out. You can find the replacement heads for them.I put some prices below. But because the heads are composite steel, they take a lot longer to go dull. Then, when they do ... Here is a guy that will sharpen them and send them back to you for 15 bucks!
[url "http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1219226#Post1219226"]LINK[/url]

Guys chime in about how happy they are with the guy sharpening them, and he tests each head on the ice before he sends them back to you.
I'm excited, I'll have to do a review on it when I get it.
20" of ice, in 40 seconds... I'll see [cool] Plus, 3 years in-between sharpening..
here is prices on replacement heads..

[font "Arial"][black][size 2]8" Replacement Cutting head with Centerpoint - $67.95
[/size][/black][/font] [font "Arial"][black][size 2]8" Replacement Cutting head - $61.95 [/size][/black][/font] [font "Arial"][black][size 2]6" Replacement Cutting head - $44.95[/size][/black][/font] [font "Arial"][black][size 2]4.5" Replacement Cutting head - $39.95[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
i used my buddy's at yuba 3 weeks ago. cut through 8 inches of ice in under 30 seconds. way nice. i'm looking into getting me one also. [cool]
[signature]
[Smile]Thanks for the info on the cutting heads for the Nils!
[signature]