Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking my Dad Ice fishing. Echo or East Canyon
So, my dad wants to go hit the ice. He lives in Davis county, so I narrowed it down to East Canyon or Echo. Which would you choose to get him into the most fish?
I have never ice fished either lake.. I usually keep down south with my fishing. Any tips or advice on which can get him a limit of trout?

Thanks!
[signature]
I don't know how EC ice is after today, but i fished Echo and it sucked with a ton of water on top and bad edges. I would suggest EC for the catching. Anything white with waxies down 15' should get you some fish.[Wink]
[signature]

Take waders no matter which one you go to. I went to both today and found 2-4 inches of water on top at EC and not just on the edges. Didn't fish there as nobody else was out there and I didn't have my waders with me. Went to Echo and it was a little better but it had 2-3 inches of water on the edges, once out, the ice was 10 inches and solid but I fished for 2 hours and caught one fish, then it started raining pretty hard so I called it a day.
[signature]
I have had great success at Echo this year. The quality of fish seemed to be better at Echo. My trip to EC was ok, but the fish were much smaller. Oh yea I would wait a week. I had planned to go on Saturday but the posts here, and rain have scared me out.
[signature]
Everyone, Thanks for the heads ups and tips... I am postponing the trip.
Frustrating how fast this weather has messed up so much ice in the state[unimpressed]
[signature]