Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck Creek, Utah
[Image: rate1.jpg][size 3]Rating [mad] 0-5 [cool] 5 being fantastic [cool][cool][/size][size 3]
[/size]
[size 1]
[/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Friday, May 23, 2003 [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I stopped at Duck Creek on Hwy 14 just east of Navajo Lake at around 11:30 AM. It was raining a little when I got there but didn’t last long. Went around and talked with fisherman and they said that fishing was really slow. I got news from one Angler that they had just stocked the reservoir about a half hour before I got there. Saw a couple guys fly-fishing. It didn’t look like they were getting anything. I stayed for about an hour and only saw one guy get a fish. I did notice a lot of dead trout skeletons along the shore. Must have been there for a while. I couldn’t believe all the trash that was in the water either. It has been a few years ago when I was there last. I didn’t even try to fish it. I may stop on the way back from Pine Lake on Monday. I did see alot of Nevadans up there. [/size][/font]

[url "http://www.duckcreekvillage.net/"][font "Times New Roman"][#800080][size 3]http://www.duckcreekvillage.net/[/size][/#800080][/font][/url][size 1]

[/size][size 3]One Happy Angler[/size][size 1]

[font "Times New Roman"][/font]

[Image: duckcreek1.jpg] [/size]
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: rate0.jpg] Rating [mad] 0-5 [cool] 5 being fantastic[cool][cool][cool][/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Monday, May 26, 2003 [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I got to Duck Creek about Noon. There were about 20 people fishing. I decided to give it try. I had about an hour or 2 to kill so I got out the fishing gear and started fishing. I didn’t want to use Power Bait. I tried out my new olive Wooly Bugger set up that Southernman taught me. Well it didn’t work! I tried all the different colors. I don’t think that was the problem because there was no fish left to catch! No one was catching anything. I saw Anglers using Power Bait, Rainbow, Sherbet, Green, Orange, Pink, Crave, worms and even grasshoppers. All we caught was moss off the bottom. I talked with Hedgesd and he said that the stream dried up last summer and had a winter kill on the lake. The only fish in the lake were planted this year. That was why there were lots of dead fish skeletons along the shore. Very Disappointing. [Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad] [/font][/size][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
great reports nighthawk!

[cool]

sm
[signature]
[size 5]Thanks Southernman!![/size]

[size 5]Hope I can Help[unimpressed][unimpressed][unimpressed][unimpressed][sly][/size]
[signature]