Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorial Day Weekend Fishing (report) sort of
I did not take off work on Thursday for 5 fun filled days of fishing at the Gorge. I didn't drag the 5th wheel out to Swim Beach and set up camp with friends. I did not have a wonderful meal of Don's Meats Las Vegas Steaks cooked to a perfect medium rare over an open fire of Aspen and Oak. I didn't have the boat pulled up to the beach so after coffee early in the A.M we could be on the water, running out to the Bay or up at Firehole, the twin 75s running in perfect synch, the bow cutting through the mirror finish water of the big lake, creating an opera only I could witness. I didn't mark lots of Macks just at the rim near the bumps on Hideout then procede to jig them up one after another on my not so secret squid rigs. Not big huge ones but, 15#s is nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't troll for Kokes just north of the Pipeline 40-60ft down with Koke killers and wedding rings on pop gear. I didn't catch a limit in 2 hours. I did not take them back to camp for the wife to smoke over a Mesquite fire, ready for supper when the men returned from fishing. I didn't go out to Sheep Creek just at dark and throw big surface plugs for the big Bows that were surely there. I did not get a couple pushing 8 pounds. I did not then take Phils drift boat down the A section on Sunday and Monday and catch over 150 fish between 3 of us each day using Cicadas, size 6 Black with a touch of green in them. I didn't switch to tubes when the flows starting reaching 4K and procede to slay them on those. I didn't come home Monday night, tired from a weekend of hard fishing, but satisfied I had done my best and, for this weekend at least, I got the better of the fish. I did not then, on Tuesday night when I returned to work, regale my co-workers with stories of my adventure and what fun I had. No......I did none of those things.......but, Dan did. But he's a (explenitive deleted) so I'm not bitter. Do I seem bitter?

IFG
im not bitter or jealous!

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What did you do?[/size][/font]
[signature]
So what did you do? STay home and do some honey dos for the wife. [Sad][Sad]
[signature]
You seem a little bitter, but just a little.
[signature]
Well it sounds like Dan had a great weekend, one question though, who is Dan and can I be his friend? WH2
[signature]
I was an usher in a wedding in Cripple Creek, Colorado, lost about a 100 playing Blackjack, saw some friends I hadn't seen in a long while, had a good time. But....who gets married on Memorial Day Weekend? Especially when they know I ALWAYS spend it on the Gorge. People who don't fish really need to plan their lives around those who do.
You can be his friend, but you don't want to be. He's a known liar, he's always saying things like" The only way Scott even caught a fish was because the one I was reeling up spit it out and it snagged on his line". "The only reason Scott got a Goose was, the one I shot fell out of the sky, landed on Scott's in mid-air, and broke it's neck". See, pure nonsense! Nobody likes him because of his poor hygeine and drooling problem. The only reason I even hang out with him is he took a bullet for me in the war. Luckily, I lost my sense of smell in the tragic, Terryville chicken manure fires of '79.