Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 5/28
Hi folks,

Fished from my tube on a record hot day, stayed cool! It started out and continued pretty slow for some time, but I eventually found some "areas". Ended the day at 6pm after starting about 10am with 16 bass, including a 19in and a 19 1/2 in guy, and about twice that many perch and chub. I wish I could post some pictures and have some for myself but it's pretty difficult when you're alone in a tube. Used my standard small pearl curly tail on a 1/16oz jig. The bass seemed to be fairly scattered around bays with the bigger guys in deeper water, staging? Forgot to take water temp. but I'm guessing it at low 60s since it was 58 last Friday.

Have patience and stay cool. They're there! That's what I seem to notice quite a bit, big bass boats roar in, thrash the water and roar out, leaving me bouncing in the waves.

[cool][crazy][cool][crazy]Leaky
Hey leaky was that you with your dog on the shore. I was in a little boat with a couple buddies i think we were by you a couple of times. if i would have known that was you i would have taken some pictures for you. we got some nice shots of some big bass. I tried a white jig but i must suck at using them i only caught one perch with it after awhile i changed to a spinner and was catching smallies perch and chubs the rest of the day . We caught alot of fish and alot of sun. Hope i didnt blast you with to many of my waves all though they arent very big when your top speed is 10 mph. Next time ill say hi if that was you.[cool]
[signature]
Must have been. I have a golden retriever that takes care of the chub for me. Were you at the bay at the end of the road over by the shallows getting hung up? Hope you don't mind a little kidding. Next time say howdy, ok? Obviously you were'nt a problem but the jet skier wasn't any help. The Bass boat encounters were earlier at a different place. Glad to hear you guys got into some fish. Take care.

Leaky
hey good post, were you vertically jigging or casting out? mabye we will see each other in are tubes up there some time.
[signature]
Leaky seems like you fish Jordanelle alot you ever catch any walleye there.
[signature]
fb2,

I cast a light jig and retrieve at the slowest speed possible and not get hung up (shallow water faster, deep water real slow).

Poncho,

Where were you man, I was looking for you out there. Probably won't be back for a while, going to the Gorge next week. Never caught a walleye at Jordanelle. Probably are'nt many there yet since they were illegally introduced.

Leaky
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the great report, Leaky! Man, you make that tubing sound like a real hoot! Speaking of tubes, our next BFT $10 gift certificate will be about float tubing. We persuaded our resident tubing expert, TubeDude, to be the guest questioneer. So be ready for anything! You never know what the 'dude is going to come up with! [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We'll probably start it sometime next week so be watching for it! I might even suggest a trip over to the Float Tube Board. Some good information can be found over there. Again, thanks for the great report.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I would like to hear a little more about this chub eating dog though...[/size][/font]
[signature]
Had a doctors appointment that kept me off the water Thurs.
[signature]